online tests or online question bank??

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member

online tests or online question bank??

by ketkoag » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:48 am
Hi,
I wanna online access to manhattan CATs. please lemme know what should i do for that.. Also please tell me whether it is advisable to buy the online question banks or the online tests..
please suggest and how many day will that take?
i am giving my test soon so please help me with this..
thanks and regards

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by michael.dinerstein » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:10 am
Hi ketkoag,

Your best option would be to purchase either a single Manhattan GMAT Strategy Guide (any purchase of a guide comes with 6 free CATs). If you purchase the Strategy Guide from the Manhattan GMAT Store, you immediately get access to your Computer Adaptive exams, which would mitigate the need to purchase the CAT Exams separately.

If you decide to get the books through an online retailer like Amazon, you will be able to activate your tests upon receiving the Strategy Guide, using the access code found in the inside back cover of the book.

In addition to the CAT exams, each Strategy Guide comes with matching question bank. If you buy all 8 guides, you will receive all 8 question banks. Otherwise, you could individually purchase Question Bank access on our store page.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Michael Dinerstein
Manager of Online Marketing
Manhattan GMAT
212-721-7400
800-576-4628

Legendary Member

by ketkoag » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:16 am
thanks for ur reply..
please lemme know whether the questions in the mgmat online tests come from these question banks coz i think in that case, purchasing all the 8 question banks would be the better option, right?? coz i've prepared for my gmat and will give it soon so even if i purchase the books, i will not be able to go through them.. so kinda waste.. But if i can get only the question bank, then i think it is worth purchasing them as they will give me a lot of practice, so that is why i wonder which one is better option for me..the online tests or the complete question bank..?
also, are the explanations given to all the questions in the bank or mgmat online tests??
If i purchase a book let's say reading comprehension guide from ur store then in how many days will i get the guide at my place and do i need to pay extra money for shipping?
are these guides according to the latest trend of gmat questions? i.e. 2009 coz gmac has introduced new OG..
regards..

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by michael.dinerstein » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:56 am
Hi ketkoag,

We offer a package on our store that consists of all 8 Online Question banks AND all 6 Computer Adaptive Exams. The questions contained in these resources do NOT overlap, so any question you see in an exam won't be repeated in the Question Banks, and vice-versa. The Question Banks will provide you with a more traditional mode of practice, whereas the 6 Computer Adaptive Exams will provide you with multiple practice GMAT exams.

All of the above resources come with answer explanations to the questions, and you can buy Online Question Package at our store.

And a note about our Strategy Guides - they are updated according to the Official Guide 12th Edition! You can read more about the work we did to update the guide on our Fourth Edition Update page.

Good luck studying!

Best,
Michael Dinerstein
Manager of Online Marketing
Manhattan GMAT
212-721-7400
800-576-4628

Legendary Member

by ketkoag » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:27 am
thanks for your guidance..