GMAT + GPA

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

GMAT + GPA

by mastahan » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:04 am
Stacy

i just took my GMAT, and did ok but not great. I paniced during the test, i finished both sections 15 min early. My goal was to get a 750 but i ended up with a 700. Do you think its worth taking the exam again. I am applying this year, and only finished a couple of he admission essays. My target schools are Columbia, Sloan, Haas, Anderson, Tuck. Here is rough decription of my education background.

Ugrad : UCLA graduated with Engineering school honors, gpa: 3.65
Major (Double): Computer Engineering, Business-Economics

Grad: USC gpa 3.7
Focus: Computer Science (Security)

work exp 3 years in major aerospace coroporation

thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:28 pm
A 700 is a solid score, but a 750 is significantly better. How much confidence do you have that you could improve? In which round are you applying? You need to evaluate the chances of getting a 750 against the time you will have to take away from the essays in order to prepare.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by mastahan » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:16 am
Stacy,

I am planning on applying the first round. As you know the GMAT gets harder with every percentile. I think i can get a 720-730 and 750+ will always be my goal. I have already completed my goals essays, and know i am working on the supplemental essays for each school.

thanks