Need Help Reg Verbal Section: Urgent

by AMalik » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:56 am
Hi All,

I am preparing for Gmat for last 1 month and has completed OG10, Kaplan book

I attempted two tests one from Gmat Prep n other from PP:

My scores were

PP 1: Maths 49 Verbal 32

Gmat Prep1: Maths 48 Verbal 34

Please help me how to improve my verbal score.
I have read Manhattan SC book also...

My accuracy rate for Verbal section came b/w 55% to 60%.

I have scheduled my test in July.

So, need urgent help

Thanks a lot

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:32 pm
Hi, I'm sorry no one has responded to your post yet. You need to diagnose your strengths and weaknesses to a much greater level of detail - for example, which grammar rules in particular cause you the most trouble? Are there some you get wrong even on easier questions and some you get wrong only when the question itself is harder?

For CR and RC, are there certain types of arguments / passages that tend to cause more trouble? What about question types? What traps do you tend to fall into on the answer choices?

Once you have figured out more detail on that, you can look for support in one of two places: either Eric's wiki, which has all kinds of great stuff, or back here in the forums - with much more specific questions about how to improve on a particular weakness. I'm guessing that the very high level question you originally asked is why you haven't gotten much response yet - answering the question "How do I get better at verbal?" takes hours. It's not something that can be done on a forum.

Good luck!
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me