PowerScore Critical Reasoning vs. Manhattan CR

This topic has expert replies

If you tried both, what is your opinion on CR books ?

Poll ended at Tue May 26, 2009 3:15 am

PowerScore and MGMAT CR books are equivalent.
No votes
PowerScore is better than MGMAT CR.
100%
MGMAT CR is better than PowerScore.
No votes

Total votes: 3

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:690

PowerScore Critical Reasoning vs. Manhattan CR

by FC » Tue May 12, 2009 3:15 am
Hello, this is my first post.

I was reading some posts and realized that the Powerscore CR bible is highly regarded.

But what about MGMAT CR book (3rd edition) ? How does it compares with Powerscore ? Has anyone tried both ?

Thanks,
FC

Site Admin
Followed by:550 members
GMAT Score:770

by DanaJ » Thu May 14, 2009 5:55 am
I'm guessing that you aren't getting as many replies to your poll because people don't usually buy both books. It's understandable: verbal has 3 section and no one really wants to spend all their money on just one. Besides, 300 or so pages per section is quite enough as far as practice goes and, of course, let's not forget about the time constraint most GMAT test takers face.

Personally, I've heard great things about the MGMAT SC guide. The CR book doesn't get that much publicity around here. I did use the Powerscore CR Bible and I thought it was fantastic for both CR and RC, but I can't lie and say I prefer it to the MGMAT guide. That would be unfair, since I haven't used the MGMAT book.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:690

by FC » Thu May 14, 2009 7:09 am
I agree with you, probably very few people used both books.

I will start to concentrate on CR and therefore I would like to pick up the best source.

I already have the MGMAT RC & SC, I like them so I will probably remain with MGMAT line and get the CR.

Thanks for the reply.

DanaJ wrote:I'm guessing that you aren't getting as many replies to your poll because people don't usually buy both books. It's understandable: verbal has 3 section and no one really wants to spend all their money on just one. Besides, 300 or so pages per section is quite enough as far as practice goes and, of course, let's not forget about the time constraint most GMAT test takers face.

Personally, I've heard great things about the MGMAT SC guide. The CR book doesn't get that much publicity around here. I did use the Powerscore CR Bible and I thought it was fantastic for both CR and RC, but I can't lie and say I prefer it to the MGMAT guide. That would be unfair, since I haven't used the MGMAT book.