My Kaplan Diagnostics Score

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

My Kaplan Diagnostics Score

by amit.dhingra7 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:47 am
I just gave the Diagnostics of Kaplan and the scores were as follows.
660 (94 Percentile)
Maths
Correct 24
Incorrect 2
Not Reached 0
Scaled Score 46

Verbal
Correct 18
Incorrect 10
Not Reached 0
Scaled Score 36

For the Verbal Section, I got around 70% questions correct in SC, while 60% in CR and 55% in RC.

Where shall I place on the actual GMAT?
How shall I look forward to improve my Verbal Sections. (I have already done Manhattan, OG10)

Cheers,
aD
Not what you gather, but what you spread tells the kind of life you live. -H.H. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar ji

Re: My Kaplan Diagnostics Score

by mamo » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:42 am
660 == 94% ??
I always thought of a 90% in the 700s.

Well, try to do the GMATPrep and PowerPrep and see where you stand? One thing that I am doing is, after finishing GMATPrep, I go back to see the questions that I got wrong ... if I could get it right the second time without time constraint and see if there is a patern.

For example, in the RC, do you tend to miss generalized questions such as "what is the author saying? or what the scope of the passage, etc" or specific ones such as "in line this, blah blah..."

Hope it helps

amit.dhingra7 wrote:I just gave the Diagnostics of Kaplan and the scores were as follows.
660 (94 Percentile)
Maths
Correct 24
Incorrect 2
Not Reached 0
Scaled Score 46

Verbal
Correct 18
Incorrect 10
Not Reached 0
Scaled Score 36

For the Verbal Section, I got around 70% questions correct in SC, while 60% in CR and 55% in RC.

Where shall I place on the actual GMAT?
How shall I look forward to improve my Verbal Sections. (I have already done Manhattan, OG10)

Cheers,
aD

by amit.dhingra7 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:52 am
Thanks a lot dear..
I see that I do feel confused with such questions of RC... So a general pattern do exist....
I will look for ones in CR and SC and work on them...
Thanks lot buddy!!!

Cheers,
aD
Not what you gather, but what you spread tells the kind of life you live. -H.H. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar ji