Wait listed at Wharton MBA for Executives - East

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi, I just learnt that I have been placed on a wait list for class entering May 2009 at the Wharton MBA for Executives. The letter mentions that "no additional information is required". I would appreciate if you could offer any advice in terms of next steps, other than informing the adcom that I would like to remain on the wait list. Thanks

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

can u share your stats?

by mahesh7 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:33 pm
Can you share your stats? It will help others who want to apply.

Thanks
Mahesh

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:17 members
GMAT Score:750

by Graham » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:25 am
Pranika,

Thanks for your post!

I'm sorry to hear that you are on the waitlist for WEMBA, but hopefully a spot will open up for you in the coming weeks (before the program kicks off in May).

As far as your strategy is concerned, you should clearly opt-into the list - as you pointed out. Beyond that, I'd ideally need to see the exact text of their WL letter in terms of advising you. Have they ruled out any contact/supplemental materials or just said that they don't "require" further information? If they allow further contact, it may be worth considering what sort of new information you might be able to provide (e.g. what has changed since you submitted the application). If they do not allow for contact, there may still be some steps you could take in terms of garnering support from inside the Wharton community.

Beyond outlining a strategy to convert the WL into an acceptance, do you have a sense as to why you may have been placed on the list? Are you a sponsored candidate? are your GMAT and academic record below their averages? Is your experience in line with their typical student?

Feel free to reach out to Clear Admit directly if you are looking for further advice. You can email us at [email protected] to learn more about our WL strategy services.

Best of luck,

Graham
Graham Richmond
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.