Manhattan 3rd Edition Strategy - What order to do the books?

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
I have recently bought the whole set of books from Manhattan and I am a little unsure as to what order I should study the books. Math is definetely my stronger subject but I feel there is a lot to more to learn and thus will take more time to fully absorb all the information.

I have all the time I need to study for the GMAT's so time is not a concern. Should I follow the book numbers, (do math first, then move on to verbal) or do you think I should start off with my weaknesses first (SC) and do Math more towards the end?

Any advice / opinion will be helpful.

Thank you

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by michael.dinerstein » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:10 am
Hi Thonk02,

I think that the order in which you study the books fully depends on what you feel comfortable with doing. However, because it seems like you need relatively more verbal help, I'd start there. However, be sure to mix it up a bit. Don't do all the verbal books and then all the math books; instead, read a couple of chapters out of a verbal guide and switch to a math guide and go back and forth. This way, it'll keep your mind sharp and focused on many different aspects of the GMAT at once.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Michael Dinerstein
Manager of Online Marketing
Manhattan GMAT
212-721-7400
800-576-4628