MGMAT online CAT system

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

MGMAT online CAT system

by tzurohad » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:58 am
Hi,

I just recently bought the online 6 (or 5) prep tests. Although I noticed my imporvement I feel like the MGMAT CAT system "cheers you up" a bit. I meen that my 3rd CAT was harder to my opinion then previous two, still I managed to pull a 700.
my scores are:

CAT 1 - Q44 V35 - 650
CAT 2 - Q47 V33 - 660
CAT 3 - Q47 V38 - 700

it's kinda wierd. Do you know anything about a slight "push" from the online prep CAT?

thanks

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by michael.dinerstein » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:57 am
Hi tzurohad,

The ManhattanGMAT CAT exams attempt to be as accurate as possible; however, these exams are subject to a slightly larger standard of error than a real GMAT, which could explain why your most recent score rose slightly. The GMAT has a standard error of 30 points while our exams have a standard error of 50 points. Hence, because your scores fall within this range, your "true score" is most likely a 670 - 680.

The topic of how to understand your complete practice test scores on ManhattanGMAT exams has been discussed on these forums for quite some time. In short, while it is a major student concern, students should be more focused on analyzing their specific strengths and weaknesses located in ManhattanGMAT Assessment Reports rather than looking solely at their practice test scores. Looking at your Assessment Reports will provide you with insight into your weaknesses, allowing you to review the appropriate sections accordingly.

Best,
Michael Dinerstein
Manager of Online Marketing
Manhattan GMAT
212-721-7400
800-576-4628