crack gmat 580 = how much of others?

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

crack gmat 580 = how much of others?

by cooldude » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:33 am
Hi guys

Plz any one here who has taken crack gmat with any other test I scored a pathetic 580 :oops: on that and anna compare myself so plz anyone who has take crackgmat with ny othercompany's test then plz tell me ur scores that will be helpfula lot for my preparation!!!!
:roll:

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by dblazquez » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:55 am
Hey could you detail the quant / verbal score? i gave these tests a try a couple a days ago and i found them not worthwhile. The quant is quite similar to the GMAT (but not similar enough) but the verbal is totally different.

I have been studying for months (first gmat attempt 690) and i scored 575 (43q 18v)... the scoring algorithm is not good neither. So dont worry and dont even think of buying the tests!

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

repeat.>?

by aim-wsc » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:23 am
hey cooldude,
dont you think you have had this thread earlier too??... somewhere
i can understand how frustrating it coud be when you ask your doubts and no one responds...

but you do got replies...i hope you had gone through my reply to your query. ( but still i m not sure since you started this new thread and didnt reply to my post :roll: )

Anyways
guess you want some more of crack-gmat

so here i go:
as Daniel said, Verbal is different & i would like to add something more verbal is totally irrelevent.
i came across some thing like chose among a b c
if
a is correct
or a & b
or a& c
or a& b & c
something like that (& they were something like 4-5 such questions..
Obsolete.

My suggestion:
do you have any other simulation test to guage yourself>?

try GMATPrep & forget whether you ever had crak-gmat.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Crack GMAT tests

by Randas » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:04 am
Hey cooldude,

Don't take crack GMAT tests .. they are good for nothing (unless you need some tests to practise sitting in front of the computer without getting a sprain in your neck).

I have personally wasted 20$ and bought the tests. I took all the 5 tests, my score range was between to 630 and 715.

I took the GMAT on 2nd Sept (scored 690), and here are my realisations:
1. The actual GMAT is a different story altogether, you will find 0% resemblence with crack GMAT.
2. The crack GMAT has a flawed scoring mechanism (However, this is a problem common to most CAT softwares other than GMAT prep).
3. Don't try to find a correlation between the scores of actual GMAT and crack GMAT .. I suggest you uninstall the software and take GMATprep multiple times instead.

Hope you find my comments useful

Bye
Randas
Your faliure to plan does not constitute emergency on my part!