by anxsmailbox » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:53 am
hi

im a 24 yes female from india
GMAT - 690(q47,v38)
GPA- 3.75
EDucation - agricultural engineering from one of the top most university
WE - 3 yrs till i join mba
workingon pricing and tendering ,branding ,new application segment
sales and marketing in automobile industry( corporate sales)
extra co - founder member of alumni cell
and many other clubs
won national level award in dramatics( written and directed by me)
post mba im interested in consulting and long term enterprenurship
target schools- ross ,wharton,duke,kellogg
pls guide me more on selecting appropriate schools for me
Attachments
PROFILE.doc
my details
(36 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:17 members
GMAT Score:750

by Graham » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:04 am
Dear anxsmailbox,

Thanks for your post! My apologies for the delayed reply - we appreciate your reminding us about your post.

As to your profile, I have the following thoughts [Note - we do not view attachments in this forum, so I haven't seen the document you uploaded with your post]:

Academics
Your grades in undergraduate look very solid. Were you on a 4.0 system or the percentile system? If the latter, please provide the percentile result as well. Your background in agricultural engineering is somewhat unique, since many Indian engineers focus more on electrical or computer engineering, so this may be helpful in standing out. As to the GMAT, your score is decent, albeit below-average at the schools on your list.

Work Experience
Three years of work experience upon matriculation will be on the lighter side for your target schools, but as some programs (like Wharton) are looking to trend younger, I don't think you should worry about this. Of course, the key will be the leadership roles you've taken on and the accomplishments associated with those roles.

As to the nature of your experience itself, the description you provided in your post is not very clear. What is your function? What is your industry? Are you in the marketing division for a major automotive company? Are you a marketing strategy consultant with a known firm? In any case, how does this work relate to your undergraduate training?

XCs
It sounds like your work with your ugrad alumni club and interest in drama will be nice starting points to bolster your profile. The key will be to map out how you intend to share these experiences if admitted to b-school.

Goals
Your career goals sound fairly common (consulting, then entrepreneurship). How do these goals relate to your past experiences? What evidence in your background suggests an entrepreneurial nature? Which firms, specifically, will you target in the near-term? How will these organizations help you achieve your long-term plan?

Conclusion
Overall, you have a good start to a competitive profile, but you'll need to give your career plans more thought. You'll also need to figure out a way to weave together the path you've followed to undergrad and into the workforce, since there seems to be a bit of a disconnect at present.

If you would like more in-depth advice, please send your resume - via email - to [email protected] and one of our counselors will touch base to set up a free initial chat.

Best of luck,

Graham
Graham Richmond
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by anxsmailbox » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:01 am
sorry for replying so late as i was not expecting reply from u
our was the GPA system and i was having 7.50/10
WE - im working in TRACTORS AND FARM EQUIPMENT LTD in institutional sales my KRA ,s are working on new business oppurtunities from here i become interested in entreprenuership,tendering,pricing strategy for new business,branding
during undergrads i was a member of fund raising team and we were very succesful in that and i was involved in lot of extra co curriculars which includes watershed managment projects,working on biodiesel ,consulting for farmers