This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please review profile

by Jayanthsp » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:28 am
Hi,

Kindly review my profile:

Indian male, 28 yrs
GRE- 328 (Q165 V163)
Undergrad- B.E in Information Science from M.S.Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India with 80% and distinction (no gpa)
Postgrad- MBA from Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad, India with 7.44/10 GPA
Certified Financial Risk Manager
WE- 2 years in software development at Infosys, 3 years in Data analytics at HSBC and Citibank, India
Extra-curriculars- Professional soccer for 7+ years and 2+ years in volunteering for NGO, 1yr as part-time faculty
Student president of International Relations Committee at postgrad institute

Post-MBA goals: To get into leadership/rotational development programs at an international bank.

I had applied to Kellogg and Cornell 1Y MBA in R2'2016, got rejects from both. Kindly let me know what is lacking and how best I can strengthen my profile. Which schools should I be targeting?

Regards,
Jayanth

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:9 members

by MargaretStrother » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:36 am
Hi Jayanth,
I don't see any red flags in the data you've posted her; according to what I see, you should be a statistically strong candidate for these programs. So I have to guess that the problem lay in your application materials -- perhaps the essays, recommendations, clarity of goals or in-depth research into the programs you applied to.

You would probably benefit from a formal "ding assessment" from a professional consulting firm. Those of us who have assisted in a lot of successful applications to these programs will be able to assess any weak areas and give you some action items to pursue.

As you know if you read my posts, I don't always push queries towards professional consulting services, but in your case, it seems like a holistic, in-depth review of your complete application package by an experienced professional would be the best way to find the weak link.

Good luck!
Margaret Strother
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me