• EMPOWERgmat Slider
    1 Hour Free
    BEAT THE GMAT EXCLUSIVE

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    EMPOWERgmat Slider
  • Economist Test Prep
    Free Trial & Practice Exam
    BEAT THE GMAT EXCLUSIVE

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Economist Test Prep
  • Varsity Tutors
    Award-winning private GMAT tutoring
    Register now and save up to $200

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Varsity Tutors
  • Kaplan Test Prep
    Free Practice Test & Review
    How would you score if you took the GMAT

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Kaplan Test Prep
  • Magoosh
    Magoosh
    Study with Magoosh GMAT prep

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Magoosh
  • Veritas Prep
    Free Veritas GMAT Class
    Experience Lesson 1 Live Free

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Veritas Prep
  • e-gmat Exclusive Offer
    Get 300+ Practice Questions
    25 Video lessons and 6 Webinars for FREE

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    e-gmat Exclusive Offer
  • Target Test Prep
    5-Day Free Trial
    5-day free, full-access trial TTP Quant

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    Target Test Prep
  • PrepScholar GMAT
    5 Day FREE Trial
    Study Smarter, Not Harder

    Available with Beat the GMAT members only code

    MORE DETAILS
    PrepScholar GMAT

Please help with deciding whether or not to apply soon.

This topic has 1 expert reply and 0 member replies
mbaspirant3 Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts Default Avatar
Joined
02 Oct 2013
Posted:
5 messages

Please help with deciding whether or not to apply soon.

Post Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:08 pm
Hi,

I am 4 days away from Stern Round 2 deadline and I have my application ready. The glitch is, I gave my GMAT recently and performed bad. I got a 640. My question is should I go ahead and apply in Round 2 on Nov 15th and tell the admissions team in the optional essay that I plan to take my GMAT again in 3 weeks? Or, should I apply in Round 3, in January, with a better score? I am an international applicant and Stern encourages international applicants to apply by Nov 15th. I am in a dilemma. Please help!

  • +1 Upvote Post
  • Quote
  • Flag

GMAT/MBA Expert

Margaret Strother Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Joined
01 May 2015
Posted:
259 messages
Followed by:
5 members
Upvotes:
44
Most Active Expert
Post Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:52 pm
Sorry that your urgent message fell through the cracks here! I'd be interested to know what you decided to do, and whether you were able to get a higher GMAT score subsequently. Had I answered this message in time, my suggestion would have been to wait: a 640 would be a tough sell for NYU, and depending what else you had in your application, you might want to wait until you could get a maximally competitive score.

Best wishes,
Margaret Strother

_________________
Margaret Strother
Senior Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

  • +1 Upvote Post
  • Quote
  • Flag

Best Conversation Starters

1 Roland2rule 170 topics
2 lheiannie07 110 topics
3 ardz24 56 topics
4 LUANDATO 50 topics
5 swerve 48 topics
See More Top Beat The GMAT Members...

Most Active Experts

1 image description Brent@GMATPrepNow

GMAT Prep Now Teacher

155 posts
2 image description Scott@TargetTestPrep

Target Test Prep

122 posts
3 image description GMATGuruNY

The Princeton Review Teacher

121 posts
4 image description Rich.C@EMPOWERgma...

EMPOWERgmat

110 posts
5 image description DavidG@VeritasPrep

Veritas Prep

81 posts
See More Top Beat The GMAT Experts