Please Help!!

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please Help!!

by cpsb118 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:36 pm
Hi,

Please help

I have been trying to study for the past 3 month without success, im a non native english speaker and my math background is not good. Honestly I havent take any practice test yet. I Signed up for the 60 day study plan but it didnt work for me because only studing word problems is taking almost 2 weeks.
Im trying to study 4 hrs a day. My goal is to take the exam by the first week of november & score 710.

Do you have any suggestion on how can I do better when it comes to studing? I feel I dont focus enough and not learning from my mistakes.

Thanks in advance

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:19 pm
HI cpsb118,

Since you've been studying for the last 3 months, how have you scored on your practice CATs? What were your Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores?

When it comes to studying, there isn't a "perfect plan that works for everyone", so if you've tried studying a certain way and it has not helped you to improve, then it's probably time to make some changes. Maybe you need to use different study materials, maybe you need to change your schedule/routine.

You mentioned that your goal was to take the GMAT in early November. Have you actually scheduled your Test yet?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by cpsb118 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:22 am
Hi,

Thank you for the quick response. Honestly, I haven't take any Cat's yet, but just by answering the questions from the books that I'm using i can tell that I haven't improve. I purchased Manhattan and Veritas ( I like Manhattan much more) also I have the OG guides. I still haven't schedule the test because I think it doesn't make any sense if Im not ready to take it.

by cpsb118 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:23 am
Hi,

Thank you for the quick response. Honestly, I haven't take any Cat's yet, but just by answering the questions from the books that I'm using i can tell that I haven't improve. I purchased Manhattan and Veritas ( I like Manhattan much more) also I have the OG guides. I still haven't schedule the test because I think it doesn't make any sense if Im not ready to take it.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:34 am
Hi cpsb118,

Practice CATs are an essential part of the study process; the results of taking those CATs provide information about your strengths and weaknesses, a way to assess how you handle the endurance/fatigue issues of taking a full Test and a way to measure your overall progress. By not taking practice CATs during your 3 months of studies, we have no way of knowing what the "real" problems are.

You should plan on taking a FULL-LENGTH practice CAT this weekend. Make sure to set aside about 4 hours so that you can take the Test in one sitting (ou can download 2 practice CATs for free from www.mba.com). Once you have your score results, you should repost back here and we can figure out how you can proceed.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

by cpsb118 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:53 pm
I'll... Thank you so much Rich for your time.