Followed by:1 members

Planning Schools list- GMAT 720

by pretz » Mon May 23, 2016 3:20 am
Dear Team,

Here's my brief profile:

Born and Raised: India
Total Years of Exp: 5.8 years
Education: Bachelors in Technolgy and Engineering
Volunteer: Volunteer Leader at an international professional association for 9 years. Travelled extensively for conferences and strategy meetings.

Pre-MBA
Current Location/Function/Industry: India/Service Delivery/Information Technology
Clients Served: One of the top 3 UK based pharma organization, UK based media and publishing company, Australia based airlines company

Post-MBA
Target Location/Function/Industry: UK, Netherlands, Western Europe, USA (California, Texas, New York)/Consulting/Internet or Technology

GMAT Score - 720 (Q49, V39)

Work: IT Service Delivery Operations, Promoted after 3 years of joining an organization. But the promoted role is to handle a huge team of 20 people. The organization I work for is in the top 5 services in India.

School: Not a top tier school, scored 76% - our scores are not calculated in GPAs. Studied computer science engineering. I was the class representative for consecutive 3 years. Volunteer leader at school as well and hosted nation level conference.

Volunteering: Very strong volunteering background. I have led large conferences and also was invited to participate in board level strategy meetings.

Schools I am targetting to apply: INSEAD (Primarily), European schools based on your suggestions about my profile and post-MBA goals.

Also, could you share the eligibility age? Is it too late to apply for a b school now?

Thanks!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Edison@VeritasPrep » Tue May 24, 2016 7:06 pm
Thanks for sharing.

Your age and work experience are right around the average for INSEAD. How you present details in your work experiences and outside activities would be the key in boosting your chances. Showing strong leadership and collaborative experiences, international exposure, and rapid career progress are all necessary in demonstrating fit with INSEAD.

Clearly showing why an INSEAD MBA will help you achieve your goals is also important.

Wish you all the best!
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:10 members

by apphelp » Sat May 28, 2016 4:29 am
Hi,

Europe is a decent place for consulting but may not be the best place for tech roles post MBA. Except for Rotterdam Erasmus none of the other European schools are known for technology.

You can consider HEC, Said and Judge ( for consulting related roles) apart for Rotterdam.

You have a fair chance at INSEAD. INSEAD focusses on diversity and international exposure. So, ensure that you highlight that well. Regular IT services experience has to be downplayed. For your international visits, ensure that you stress on the fact that you got a chance to absorb cultural differences, diversity etc well. We have seen cases of applicants with 6-7 short trips ( say a week each) to different parts of world but INSEAD didnt appreciate that as they were not able to bring out anything substantial from them.

Finding a job in US, immediately after graduation from a European school may be tough as there are ample schools in US where companies can go and recruit for US locations.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team
Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy

Confused about schools? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP (apphelp.co.in)
Phone: +91 9871354580
Blog: https://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Sun May 29, 2016 4:36 am
pretz wrote:Dear Team,

Here's my brief profile:

Born and Raised: India
Total Years of Exp: 5.8 years
Education: Bachelors in Technolgy and Engineering
Volunteer: Volunteer Leader at an international professional association for 9 years. Travelled extensively for conferences and strategy meetings.

Pre-MBA
Current Location/Function/Industry: India/Service Delivery/Information Technology
Clients Served: One of the top 3 UK based pharma organization, UK based media and publishing company, Australia based airlines company

Post-MBA
Target Location/Function/Industry: UK, Netherlands, Western Europe, USA (California, Texas, New York)/Consulting/Internet or Technology

GMAT Score - 720 (Q49, V39)

Work: IT Service Delivery Operations, Promoted after 3 years of joining an organization. But the promoted role is to handle a huge team of 20 people. The organization I work for is in the top 5 services in India.

School: Not a top tier school, scored 76% - our scores are not calculated in GPAs. Studied computer science engineering. I was the class representative for consecutive 3 years. Volunteer leader at school as well and hosted nation level conference.

Volunteering: Very strong volunteering background. I have led large conferences and also was invited to participate in board level strategy meetings.

Schools I am targetting to apply: INSEAD (Primarily), European schools based on your suggestions about my profile and post-MBA goals.

Also, could you share the eligibility age? Is it too late to apply for a b school now?

Thanks!
Hi,

You have solid work experience along with good GMAT score. Focus on your strengths and start working on application essays which play important role in your candidature. You can also target schools like IMD, HEC, IESE, IE, Oxford. Try our Chances of B-school tool to assess your chances for top B-Schools by clicking here https://goo.gl/mJ3AhG

Regards
Manish
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]