Placement Opportunities After MBA?

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Placement Opportunities After MBA?

by Deepak Kapoor » Fri May 22, 2015 1:10 am
Hey, I completed my graduation a few years ago in the field of management studies. I have worked for around four years at a marketing firm. I plan to do an MBA soon. I am not sure about where I would want to pursue my education, here or abroad. I have heard that good B schools provide amazing placement opportunities to their students, could someone please elaborate on this topic?

by arvind.3 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:18 am
Hi. A lot of colleges have offered 99% placements in the past. However no University can ever guarantee you a 100% placement. It only depends on how you develop your knowledge and skills over the MBA Course. If you do not make use of it and lack the mandatory skillset for the concerned job profile, why would any company want to hire you? So it's essential to make the most of your MBA Program. Once you have developed good skills and personality, nobody can deprive you of a good placement. The top colleges usually have great placements and you must go through their alumni's to get a clearer idea of the placements offered by the particular University.

by Deepak Kapoor » Fri May 22, 2015 1:19 am
Oh..Alright, what would be more advantageous, pursuing an MBA here or abroad?

by arvind.3 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:20 am
An MBA from a foreign university is very helpful if you want to understand business from an international perspective. Also, foreign b-schools tend to have a large cultural diversity in their student class so you benefit from the different viewpoints and perspectives. The foreign MBA colleges will also have better infrastructure and a great faculty. The exposure that you get abroad is simply unmatchable. Also due to the currency difference, you tend to earn more than what you can in India.

by Deepak Kapoor » Fri May 22, 2015 1:22 am
Thats true! I am considering an MBA abroad but I doubt I can afford the Ivy League Universities. I would prefer the other B schools but I am unsure of the quality of their Programs and the placements offered by them. Do you know anything about that as well?

by arvind.3 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:24 am
Going abroad for further studies is highly dependent on your financial conditions, so you must consider that as well while choosing a B-school. If you have sufficient funds, you could opt for the B- Schools anywhere. In case of a mediocre financial stability, you could still consider going, as you can manage the first few semesters on your own. Once you're there, you can probably take up a part time job and raise money. If you are financially weak, but can manage a bank loan, it still makes sense to go ahead. However, you must be confident that you will do well in the program and manage to get a job. All the best!

by Deepak Kapoor » Fri May 22, 2015 1:25 am
Okay. Which countries according to you, are ideal for a good MBA program?

by arvind.3 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:26 am
As far as I have heard,the universities in Canada, Singapore and Australia offer good MBA Programs. Also, the part time jobs offered there are much better as they pay their students well.

by Deepak Kapoor » Fri May 22, 2015 1:27 am
Okay, could you list a few universities there please?

by arvind.3 » Fri May 22, 2015 1:28 am
Sure, few of the top universities that I have heard of are : Melbourne University, University of Sydney, SP Jain Global School Of Management Macquarie University, University of Toronto, Queens University, University of British Columbia and Singapore Management University.

by Deepak Kapoor » Fri May 22, 2015 1:30 am
Alright. I shall go through their websites. Thanks for your time and help guys! �