Part-Time MBA Transfer : Kellogg

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Part-Time MBA Transfer : Kellogg

by NWBanker » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:59 pm
I am currently a part-time MBA student at a top 25 program, and my job has offered me a promotion to a role in Chicago. I am about a 1/3 of the way through the program and maintain a 3.8 GPA. I am wondering about my chances of being accepted into Kellogg's part time program. As I mentioned, my GPA is strong, but the problem is that my gmat score was 570....I know this is generally too low to get into Kellogg, but would my proven ability to perform well in a quality MBA program offset the low test score?

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Eliot » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:50 am
Hi NWBanker,

Congrats on the promotion and thank you for your post!

The average GMAT for accepted applicants to Kellogg's part-time program is 695. While it is only one data point, I would be concerned about your 570 GMAT affecting admissions stats. Your current GPA could certainly serve as solid evidence (presented in your optional essay) of your quantitative skills. You would also want to highlight any quantitative duties in your work experience.

Keep in mind that Kellogg will also be considering other factors of your candidacy, including the breadth and depth of your work experience, values, motivations, etc. In other words, you should not weigh your chances solely on your GMAT score, but also consider the other strengths of your candidacy.

If you'd like to discuss your other strengths and potential weaknesses, please contact us at [email protected] to set up a free 30-minute consultation.
Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.