Part Time MBA - Booth or Ross..

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Part Time MBA - Booth or Ross..

by highflier_2000 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:22 pm
I prefer to apply to MBA school for this fall. My ultimate goal is to end up in corporate strategy/ consulting.

Languages: English

Undergrad: B.S in Electronics Engineering
Cumulative GPA: 3.5/4.0

Masters: MS in Electrical Engineering
Cumulative GPA: 3.51/4.0

GMAT 1: 580,(Q 46, V 25)"Ž AWA 5.5
GMAT 2: 690, Q49, V34, AWA pending

Work Experience:
Summer 2005 - Present: Lead product development engineer at Automotive company.

Target Schools: Evening Mba or weekend program

The schools I am interested are

[*] Michigan (Ross)
[*] Chicago (booth)
[*] North Western (kellogg)

I've previously applied to Ross and have been rejected and when I talked with admissions they told me my GMAT is very uncompetitive (it was 580 the first time ). Also, I only had 2 years work experience.

So I re-took the GMAT I. Now I have a better GMAT (690 vs 580) and more work experience (6 yrs vs. 2yrs). Now just wondering what my chances are and what I can do better this time around to get a better application in. am very nervous because I didn't get the score I was hoping to get and plus the fact that I was rejected previously

Any advice guys..

I am trying to get in touch with weekend MBA students at Booth also..

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:46 am
You should be much more competitive now, not only based on your raw credentials, but the fact that you went away and came back with a marked improvement over your prior application. Since you won't be considered a reapplicant, you won't have to account for this, however, so it would take some careful strategic thinking to decide whether you play the improvement card or not. This might be a good question to ask someone in the individual admissions offices of your targeted schools. Congratulations, by the way, on your improvements and your dedication to pursuing the MBA.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options