On The Brink Of Collapse

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

On The Brink Of Collapse

by talhadar » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:41 pm
Hi Everyone,

The reason I am writing here is because I have hit the wall, badly! I graduated in February 2014 with a degree in Marketing. I was able to get myself a job in logistics industry and worked there as a sales trainee for about 7 months. I was soon brainwashed(Which obviously is my fault) by my friends to go to Australia to get myself further education which would also help me in immigration (Yes, I belong from middle-east).

I resigned from my job in October 2014 and applied for Australia which took around 4 months of total time which brings us to February 2015. I got my visa and flew to Australia. I am currently doing Masters in Information Technology and I am in my second semester. I hate this place, literally. The education over is shit(according to me) plus with no job scope for international students.

My university offers an exit plan for Graduate Diploma rather than going for Masters degree. I am planning to take the exit and go for an MBA from top university of my country. I have realised I am not type of a person who can live far away from home. I come from a well-off family but this year has been shit. My graph has drastically gone down. Let alone, financially but also personally and professionally.

I do understand that my profile as an MBA candidate is not so strong but what can I do to make it a strong one with this given situation? I am planning to apply in February 2016.

I feel guilty and shit.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:22 am
Take the GMAT and rock it! That can help overcome some flaws in your profile. I would suggest starting there.
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:37 pm
Before you start jumping in and out of programs, I would take a deep breath and think about what your goals are and where you want to go. Leaving the program now will look very strange to admission committees. If you finish the program you could actually tell a nice story of getting the first degree to specialize and now you need an MBA to round out your business skills. Otherwise, you just look indecisive.