Welcome! Check out our free B-School Guides to learn how you compare with other applicants.
Login or Register

OG 14th Edition / MGMAT 6th Edition

This topic has 1 expert reply and 1 member reply
TaKeNoTeS Just gettin' started! Default Avatar
Posted:
1 messages
OG 14th Edition / MGMAT 6th Edition Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:02 pm
Two questions for anyone that can help.

Does anyone know when the official guide 14th edition will be released? The 13th edition was released in March of last year.

Also, does anyone know if Manhattan GMAT plans on releasing a 6th edition this year? I know they released the 5th edition in April of last year.

I plan on starting my studies in two months and would like to use the most updated material if possible, especially with the integrated reasoning being implemented into the exam.

Thanks in advance!

Need free GMAT or MBA advice from an expert? Register for Beat The GMAT now and post your question in these forums!
jithinraj Just gettin' started! Default Avatar
Posted:
3 messages
Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:08 pm
11th edition - 2005
12th edition - 2009
13th edition - 2012

There is no annual or bi-annual release till. 13th edition is still very up-to-date. Even the 12th edition is a valuable resource (13th has a bunch of new questions and the IR section).The 14th probably won't come out for another 2-3 years.

IR was already a big addition for OG13 and the guys had to make it available online (rather than the book). IR is not really possible to present in a book since there are drop down menus and tables to sort.

- As I read in another online forum, thanks to the original post.

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:02 pm
MGMAT's 5th edition guides are still very much current, and contain detailed information about IR strategy in addition to all other topics. Our 6th ed guides will be published in December of this year, but I would recommend that you get started with the 5th ed books rather than waiting. The content will all be the same - we just like to continually improve our explanations and examples.

GMAC will be releasing a new edition called OG 2015 this month... but it contains all of the same questions as OG13. The only major difference is that the new edition will come with access to more online resources.

If you found my posts helpful, you're warmly encouraged to "thank" and/or follow me!

Thanked by: gmatdestroyer1
Free Manhattan GMAT online events - The first class of every online Manhattan GMAT course is free. Classes start every week.

Best Conversation Starters

1 j_shreyans 73 topics
2 abhasjha 29 topics
3 aditya8062 25 topics
4 RiyaR 18 topics
5 tanvis1120 17 topics
See More Top Beat The GMAT Members...

Most Active Experts

1 image description GMATGuruNY

The Princeton Review Teacher

163 posts
2 image description Brent@GMATPrepNow