Offers from Cranfield SoM and WBS with scholarships

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I dedicate this to all those strong-willed colleagues who believe in 'GRIT' more than IQ.
3 attempts at GMAT,3 rejections and finally dream come true.I scored 640 in GMAT in my third attempt.My score was considered to be low to get into a top class MBA program but what I possessed was an experience of life that may seem as if it had jumped out from a melodramatic Indian movie. Middle class family-tight financial scene- struggle to get an opportunity- make the best when opportunity comes-all blood-and-sweat victory.
But the truth is I did not give up when the odds were against me.And that's what I want to tell all my friends in this forum.Don't give up.It's not over untill it's over.
After 3 rejections from top schools in the Asia-pac region, came the interview calls from Cranfiled(FT'13 rank 38) and Warwick(FT'13 rank 28).I got offers from both.My interviews were very thorough and I knew that I had impressed by interviewers.Both the schools have given be good scholarships and have left be confused.Well, it is still a good confusion to be in rather be confused over other things.
What worked for me: My GMAT experience changed me as a person.It taught me the meaning of hardwork and perseverance.I had to move out of my comfort zone all the time(interact with people on this forum,ask stupid questions,appreciate people's success and learn from them,visualize success practice,practice...).This experience of failure was critical in shaping my steely determination to come out a winner despite all odds.I may not still be the best compared to guys from HBS,INSEAD etc but the whole point is having to challenge yourself and getting better everytime.
Friends, everyone has a story to tell,everyone is unique.So what's important is to find a school that fits your personality and accepts you as a person,not just your academics.It's also important to find out what you want from your MBA program and think long term.
Well that's it my friends.Hope this post will boost some of you and encourage you to wlak that extra mile that will make the difference!