New to the GMAT world

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

New to the GMAT world

by manish.109 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:54 am
Hello
I have recenlty completed my bachelor in technology degree from a decent college
my past academic records:

10th: 87%
12th: 78%
b.Tech: 76.8%

I am currently placed in Tata Consultancy Services and am waiting for my joining which is 3 months from now

extra curricular activities:
Working in an NGO from the grass root level since last 3 years where i have managed a number of events and was a member of core team leading a group of 100+ volunteers.
Actively participated in various college events and activities.
I am a freelance article writer.

I am planing to go for GMAT and score well
as the score is valid for 5 years, I am thinking of going with my job for next 2-3 years( to gain some work experience) then use my GMAT score to apply for B-schools

Please tell me whether it is a good decision and what should be my GMAT score to target some of the top b-schools

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaMissionJenK » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:25 am
Hi there,

Thanks for posting and good for you for planning ahead! Sure thing, scores are valid for 5 years, you are correct, and statistically people actually perform better right out of school than if they wait and do the GMAT a few years later, so sounds like a good option to prep now and get it out of the way. You can look at the US News & World Report ranking list for a list of average GMAT scores at different schools or the score is on each school's website; over 700 is certainly a good goal and top 10 or so schools often have average scores of 710-730, fyi.

Wishing you the best!
Jennifer Kedrowski
MBA Admissions Consultant
www.mbamission.com
[email protected]

Register for a Free Consult from mbaMission: https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Visit the mbaMission Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mbaMission

Like mbaMission on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mbaMission

Read the Free mbaMission School-Specific Insider's Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders