Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members

Book Link

by anshulseth » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:34 pm
Hi Michael,

First of all, thanks for the reply.
Now, the book I was talking about was this one,
https://cgi.ebay.in/Manhattan-GMAT-Sente ... 240%3A1318

I think it should be a new one, and should thus offer me the code for 6 free GMAT Mock CAT's.
And I dont think Amazon will deliver to India, or will either be very costly to get it.
Please suggest.
Asset

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by BrieTruesdell » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:32 am
Hi Z_I,

Michael's actually out of the country for the next week or so, so I'll be jumping in to answer any questions you might have.

I'm not personally familiar with bookscaterer.com, but I believe it's one of the Indian booksellers that we work with, so buying the SC book there should be fine. The only issue would be if the code on the inside back cover were missing or used. Just be sure to purchase a new copy and save your receipt. If there is any issue with registering the book, we'll be able to help you at that point.

That being said, SC underwent the most significant changes and upgrades of all of our guides - it nearly doubled in size over the 2007 version! The approaches we take in this new book are in some cases different from that in the 2007 book, and vastly different from that in the 2003 version. At this point in your studies, I would be hesitant to start studying using a different approach. With two weeks remaining, you don't want to drastically alter your approach because you're not going to be comfortable with it come test day.

Hope that helps and good luck with your test!

Best,
Last edited by BrieTruesdell on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brie Truesdell
Marketing & Student Services Associate
ManhattanGMAT
800-576-4628

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by BrieTruesdell » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:02 am
Hi anshulseth-

I took a look at that link. It does look like a new book, but because it's a third party seller (like buying through Amazon's marketplace as opposed to directly from Amazon) it's hard to be entirely sure. We can help when you're purchasing through a company that our distributor sold to directly, but can't make any guarantees for sellers that got the books from other sources. Sorry about that! Let me know if that's unclear.

Best,
Brie Truesdell
Marketing & Student Services Associate
ManhattanGMAT
800-576-4628