Need suggestions for MBA programs

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Need suggestions for MBA programs

by kavu13 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:35 am
Hi All, Require a quick suggestion regarding which management course would be apt for me. Given below are my details.

Education:- B.Tech in Computer Science
Work:- 2 years in an IT company as a quality analyst in Energy Domain which includes oil and gas.
Interests and Strengths:-Am really good with people and by nature I am an extrovert and would like to consider that I have decent communication skills.Love challenging work which requires innovation and creativity.I can manage people/teams with ease and can get the required task delivered on time.

Please help me choose a program that will be best suited to my nature and profile.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Pate13 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:58 am
Without any of your hard scores, such as GPA and GMAT, it is a little difficult to say. However, Carnegie Mellon is well known for its technology proficiency, along with MIT. Other schools to consider are Boston University, UC Berkeley, and NYU.

Check out this article for the top MBA programs for IT:

https://www.businessweek.com/articles/20 ... technology

Good luck!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by zeeshan99 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:31 pm
Hi, I'd suggest you opt for an MBA course in IT because there are more opportunities for an MBA graduate with technical knowledge than there are for graduates with just an MBA degree.
Having an MBA degree related to his degree major always helps an individual add on to his acquired skills set. Expertise in the area of business management & technology would give you the chance to make a lucrative career for yourself in the corporate world. Of course, for a software professional like you, an MBA in IT can work to your advantage and may lead to higher pay packages in the IT industry.
On the other hand, an MBA degree can open up job opportunities in many different positions. You could explore other MBA career programs that would help you evaluate your real interest, if it's not just IT.
Last edited by zeeshan99 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by TarunaSaini » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:58 pm
Hi,

MBA programs opens a lot of opportunities for graduates.
In case you have any specific inclinations, I would suggest you get in touch with some MBA graduates and try to know about their work and experience.
It will provide you with a better understanding of the program and help you make an informed decision.

Good Luck!!