Need some opinions and advice

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Need some opinions and advice

by suheb » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:22 am
Hello, my verbal scores don't seem to improve even though I have done tons of practicing from og13.

In cr and rc I am able to eliminate 3 options, and from the remaining two options I always tend to choose the wrong answer.

In sc I know all the rules but often it happens that I don't even know what is wrong in the sentence and only by seeing the answer choices I am able to find errors. But my accuracy is not improving at all in sc.

Can someone please let me know how to approach or what to try ?? i am following manhattan series and solving questions from og13 and verbal guide. I still have 40 days left for my GMAT. Right now I am scoring around 28 and for my target score I need 38 verbal score.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:93 members
GMAT Score:750

by brianlange77 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:39 pm
This might help you on the SC a bit -- https://www.manhattangmat.com/articles/GMATprep-SC.cfm -- but overall, it sounds like you need to focus more on the 'learning' and less on the 'doing.' Some people take the approach of "doing lots of questions means I'll do better." But, if you don't actually know the rules/content behind what you are doing -- you aren't going to make improvements. You need to get to the basics.

Hope this helps.

Merci, Danke, Grazie, Gracias -- Whichever way you say it, if you found my post helpful, please click on the 'thank' icon in the top right corner of this post.

And I encourage you to click on 'follow' to track all my posts -- all the cool kids are doing it! :-)