Need help with admission process - GMAT 750

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Need help with admission process - GMAT 750

by swati610 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:50 pm
Hi All - I took the GMAT today and scored a 750. I do not have much idea about MBA admission process and am at a loss now what to do next and how to apply. Can somebody please help? Thanks much !

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:14 am
Hi Swati,

Congratulations for scoring 750 in GMAT. That is really awesome score to help you secure admit from top global B-Schools. The next step for you is to focus on your career goals, also brainstorm about your post MBA career goals and check which B-Schools will be a right fit. Please share more details about your profile and career goals which will help us to evaluate and suggest some schools. You can also try B-School Selector Tool by clicking here https://goo.gl/ocaeu6

Regards,
Manish
www.genedmba.com
swati610 wrote:Hi All - I took the GMAT today and scored a 750. I do not have much idea about MBA admission process and am at a loss now what to do next and how to apply. Can somebody please help? Thanks much !

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:16 pm
That's amazing - congratulations! If you want to talk about the process and how to go about it - sign up to chat with us. Forums are great but sometimes talking to people is just easier. It's entirely your time so we can talk about your profile, the process, or things to keep in mind! And it's free. Can't beat that!

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

Followed by:8 members

by interviewbay22 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:53 am
Hello swati

Congratulations on the great score. Now that you have beaten the GMAT, first thing to do is finalize the business schools you want to apply. This could depend on the specialization you want, marketing, consulting, finance, operations management, etc. on location - US, Europe, India; on duration - whether you want a two year MBA program or one year.

When you have narrowed your list and are confused between a few schools, I would suggest you to interact with alumni and existing students of the schools to determine which school will be the best fit. Doing this is important and will be very helpful at a later stage when you are writing your essays or sitting for your admission interviews where you have to convince the admission committee that the school is indeed the best fit for you and vice versa.

Then, start working on your essays. This is the part of application that requires the maximum amount of time and thoughts as you must successfully and succinctly convey your ideas. Work on your resume at the same time. Make sure you get your resume and essays reviewed several times before you submit your application. If you can get them reviewed by an alumnus of the business school, it will be most helpful.

It will be easier for me to suggest you schools if you give an account of your profile. Check out this article to the know more about the important components of business school applications. https://www.interviewbay.com/blog/6-comp ... pplication .

All the best
www.interviewbay.com

Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:32 pm
Well getting a 750 will certainly make the next steps a bit easier. What exactly have you done beyond taking the test? Have you started to research schools? Have you started to think about why you want an MBA? Those are the first two things I would do. Then once you've narrowed down your list of schools, start writing essays and lining up recommenders. Good luck to you on the process!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by PassEdge » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:40 pm
Great job! Definitely believe in yourself and shoot for the top schools. A 750 is in a crazy high percentile.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Edison@VeritasPrep » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:56 pm
Researching on the logistics side, such as deadlines, requirements, and schedule of MBA talks/networking events would be some of the immediate steps. You would benefit by looking at the backgrounds of the class profile and career placements post-MBA of the schools you are considering. Matching these with your career goals and life situation would help you make the right decisions and craft a compelling application.
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Personal MBA Coach » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:55 am
Since you took the test and posted two years ago, if you are even following the boards anymore the question should be how did things work out? I hope you got into a great school! Keep us updated!