Need help deciding school

by snigdha1605 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:00 am
Hi,

I'm an Indian female applicant and so far I've gotten four admits -
1) Smeal - no scholarship
2) Purdue - 5k
3) Foster - no scholarship
4) Urbana Champaign - 12k /year

I have also appeared for interviews with Maryland Smith and Kelley. Their results will be out by March end. But I have to let Urbana Champaign and foster know my decision before March 1.

I am interested in pursuing management consulting and would be targeting firms such as Deloitte, Microsoft post graduation.

I am a little worried about the internship and placement opportunities for international students in the above schools. I feel torn between the opportunities that Seattle would provide and the scholarship that Urbana Champaign is providing which would really take the worry off finances.

Please advice on which school I should go to?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Snigdha

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by InterviewBay2 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:43 am
Congratulations on getting the four admits. When it comes to your post-mba goal, all schools have good demographics in the number of students getting into consulting post mba. Seattle will give you better opportunities when compared to Urbana-Champaign, but the cost of living in Washington is very high. I do not think the 12k scholarship at UIUC will take your worry off finances , but the scholarship cannot be overlooked. You should talk to alumni of both schools to get a better idea and then make a decision. In my opinion you should go with UIUC. If you get an admit from Smith or Kelley, i think you will have better opportunities at both these schools when compared to UIUC or Foster.

Good Luck!
www.interviewbay.com

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by minalcorrera » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:31 am
Hi friends !
I am from science background and I wish to pursue MBA from S P Jain Global . I have 15 years of education and two years of work experience . I would like to know the admission procedures to apply in S P Jain Global

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by nivethabarboza » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:34 am
First of all S P Jain Global accept candidates with minmum of three years of experience . I would suggest you to work one more year and apply for S P Jain Global .
Check Out this below link to check out the admission procedures .
https://www.spjain.org/gmba/faqs.aspx