My Profile Evaluation

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

My Profile Evaluation

by ashu2707t » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:37 am
Hi , I took GMAT on 2nd October and Scored 640 :(.

Request you to analyse my profile. Which B schools should I apply, please suggest what kind of schools might be a good fit?

Gmat - 640 (Q - 49, V - 27, AWA - 5)

I am an Indian Male and have a total experience of 49 Months in IT industry.
Work Experience - My experience includes 9 Months of international experience(Saudi Arabia) . Type of work is software development, technology consulting centered at business i.e. IT strategy, IT transformation etc.

Current Employer: 3 i Infotech
Previous Employer: TATA Consultancy Services

Undergrad Grad - Bachelor of Engineering ( Electronic and Communication) with 72.9% (3.65 GPA).

1 team awards during the first year. 1 for best individual performance (team of 25). During the third year mentored 3 individuals for a period of 8 months.

Extra curricular activities - Active during school participated in various debate and extempore competitions and won prizes. Part of 2-3 clubs and organized multiple events in my organisation.

Which colleges from USA, India, Singapore and Canada I can target. What could be the chances?

Aspiring to move towards business development. Would like to pursue MBA in Marketing.

Thanks.
Ashutosh

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:36 pm
As I am sure you have heard a million times, Indian applicants with IT backgrounds tend to be a very competitive pool of applicants. You will either need to differentiate yourself or increase your GMAT score to be considered strongly for top MBA programs. There are still many good U.S. programs in the top 25 range that you could consider. You should base your decision on location, recruiting relationships and of course the ability of the school to prepare you for your careers goals. If you plan to go into business development, you might want to also consider schools with an entrepreneurial focus.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options