Msc in Entrepreneurship or wait for MBA

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Msc in Entrepreneurship or wait for MBA

by IlliniBSer » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:31 am
Hey everyone, I wanted to hear everyone's take on this. First a little bit about me, I want to work in the Venture Capital/Startup world. More-so on helping to develop the startup side of VC. I come from a science background and have worked in developing my own start up company during college.

I was looking at masters in Entrepreneurship programs such as the ones at Michigan, USC, and DePaul. My question to you all is do you think these masters programs are worth it or should I just keep working and apply directly to an MBA program? My plan is even if I do the Masters in Entrepreneurship I will follow that up with an MBA after a few years (maybe have my company pay for it).

Also maybe you guys know of better masters programs that would be more suitable for me (I even thought of a masters in Finance).

Well let me know what you guys think, I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:34 am
Hi IlliniBSer

Looking at your and your future aspirations we think MBA would be better suited to you.

You could try waiting for 2-3 years after which you will be in a better position to project to the schools the learning's and challenges you might have faced and learnt from and what kind of a difference an MBA can make to your business.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Manya Abroad Team