MLT MBA Prep 2016

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by Qbedeau » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:10 pm
Accepted as well! Good luck to all!

Followed by:2 members

by Tracy726 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:07 pm
Accepted as well! I can't wait to get started and meet everyone next year! Good luck to R2 applicants!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by mbatarget » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:30 pm
Congratulations to everyone who got accepted!! Could some of you post your profile and interview experience for us round 2 hopefuls?

Followed by:5 members

by Chanct » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:40 pm
I did my interview in my car in a quiet spot. I made sure I had everything I wanted to ask before the interview and a structured way to respond to questions. The STAR structure works every time.
I am not good at free-styling so I made sure I was ready to answer behavioral questions.

Think about your career goals and why you want to do an MBA. Those will be questions for sure.

I thought my interview would have been conversation and laid back but my interviewer came prepared with questions and was straight to the point. Others might have different experiences but my interview was very professional.

My message is to be prepared and I hope this helps.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:6 members

by Nadia222 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:58 pm
In regards to profile I'm guessing you mean work experience, sector etc.

Financial Services-2 years (currently in Asset Management-PB)
Manufacturing- 2 years with a Fortune 100 company in a Finance Leadership Development Program

This was my second time applying to MLT, so I was asked questions in regards to what have I done differently this past year to improve my candidacy. My interviewer had a list of questions, but it was more conversational. I walked through my resume, highlighting leadership and community service activities. Before you have your interview make sure that you can answer why an mba and why now? Also, have a general idea as to what you want to do post mba and in the long term (yes this can change but have a general idea). Practice behavioral questions...but don't overdo it. Be open to feedback and criticism. I asked my interviewer for feedback and he was honest and I thanked him. All in all be yourself....and your passions and ambitions will shine through.

The interviewer does not expect you to be perfect. If you had no flaws or areas that you could improve upon, you wouldn't benefit from MLT. Also, have a list of questions for your interviewer to show your interest about the program. Anything else you want to know just DM me.

by lcortez8022 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:08 pm
I've been working as a Product Manager for a manufacturing company for the past 2 years. Before that, I worked as a field engineer for an oilfield services company in southern Mexico for a year and a half.

I also wrote down some questions I thought they would ask (such as Why MLT? Why MBA?) and answers to those questions. Then I had someone ask me the questions in a practice interview to get some practice vocally articulating everything. I think it really helped me knock out a lot of the "umms" and "uhhs" that would've likely reared their heads during the interview had I not prepped and helped me sound a bit more composed. Overall it's fairly conversational and relaxed, so you shouldn't be too nervous.

by Lshaferii005 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:57 pm
So my background is as follows: I am two years out of undegrad. I am a CPA working as an auditor at a Big 4 accounting firm.I work within the financial services industry.

My interview was very conversational. I took the call right in my dining room where it was nice and quiet and I was able to think on my feet. I printed out various components of my application and reviewed before the interview. You want to make sure you can articulate your story well.

Be prepared to answer the big questions...why MBA? why now? Why MLT?

My interviewer asked me to describe my leadership skills. Be prepared to give concrete examples. Be prepared to walk through what you want to do post MBA. I was about to speak upon both short and long term goals.

Again my interview was very conversational so no need to feel anxious. I would have genuine questions to ask to reflect your interest.

I wish everyone well!
Anyone who has specific questions feel free to inbox me.

NABA - Lifting As We Climb

by KennyJDaniel » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:13 am
Congrats to everyone that was accepted! I was accepted as well!

As far as my background, I am about 3 years out of undergrad. I served as a Peace Corps volunteer in West Africa for a little over two years. I recently began working as a management analyst at a federal agency in DC.

My interview was conversational as well. Everything that everyone else mentioned in terms of the interview is spot on. Why MBA? Why MLT?..etc.

I am taking the GMAT in early January! Good Luck to everyone on the GMAT as well!

I can't wait to meet you all!

by Sfrazie6 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:04 am
To those who are accepted R1 applicants, did any of you receive the seminar schedule?

Followed by:3 members

by gmatengineer » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:56 am
Congrats again to everyone that has been accepted!

I am two years removed from undergrad and currently work as an electrical engineer for a major oil and gas company. I've recently transitioned from working in the downstream (refinery) side of the business to the upstream (exploration & production) side of the business.

My interview was more of a conversation than a question and answer interview and my questions echo was has previously been conveyed on the thread.. ie Why MLT? Why MBA? etc.. My interviewer was very laid back.

I look forward to meeting you all soon, until then happy GMAT studying! :-)

by Qbedeau » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:30 pm
Congratulations and good luck to all!

I am two years removed from Undergrad currently working at an investment bank in the operations space (recently transitioned from finance) in NYC.

My interview was formal (slightly less casual) but echoes mostly the same questions previously mentioned. Definitely prepare a few questions for your interviewer to find out more about their specific experience with MLT.

As far as the seminar schedule, I haven't received that, but I figured it is because they are not done with interviews as of yet.

Look forward to meeting you all :D

by Sfrazie6 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:15 am
Thanks everyone for your insight! Also, congrats to all of the round one applicants on receiving your acceptance emails. Keep in touch!

by re2pect » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:13 pm
Background: 4 years as a statistical analyst for a consulting firm in the process industry

I interviewed with a first year at Wharton, extremely nice guy. The interview was really laid back. I just did it walking around in my apartment and treated it like a regular conversation with a friend (that helped me get more comfortable). I printed out my resume and the essay portion of my application but I actually did not use it at all. I am not sure if the person interviewing you has seen your application, I didn't get a sense either way. He didn't ask me anything specific to my application. I wrote down bullet points to answer questions, "why mlt?", "why an mba?", "why now?" etc. I didn't write down full answers because I didn't want to sound too rehearsed. The only negative about that is that my answers weren't as smooth as they could have been, but it might have helped me sound authentic. A few questions I got that others might also get:

Give an example of when you have been "scrappy"?
What is your leadership style?
What are you willing to sacrifice to be successful during MLT?

I bombed the last two questions in my opinion, my answers were terrible lol. I did ask him a lot of questions and that might have helped. I asked a bunch of questions covering various topics, like:

Pre-MBA internships
First year internships
Hardest part of MLT
Biggest thing he gained from MLT
How he picked his school
Business school experience
Post-MBA plans

To be honest, I didn't think my interview went great but I didn't think it was the worst either. I felt okay after. I sent a thank you email afterwards. Hope this helps, feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. Good luck and I look forward to meeting everyone.

by GThopeful » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:29 am
Congrats to those in R1! Has anyone in R2 received a time frame on when interviews for R2 applicants will be conducted? I wonder if the request for an interview will be sent out before Christmas.

by Sfrazie6 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:59 am
GThopeful wrote:Congrats to those in R1! Has anyone in R2 received a time frame on when interviews for R2 applicants will be conducted? I wonder if the request for an interview will be sent out before Christmas.
I hope so. I don't want to go into holidays stressing out about my status with MLT. I really wish I would have applied as a Round one applicant.