MGMAT CR or Powerscore CR..Confused

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

MGMAT CR or Powerscore CR..Confused

by Kaustubhk » Fri May 26, 2017 11:21 pm
Hi Guys,

Apologies if i'm asking a already discussed topic again.

I'm confused which book should i refer for CR. I have MGMAT CR hardcopy with me but i have read in many forums that powerscore CR is good.

Till now i haven't really focussed much on CR strategies. The practice is only the one that i have done analysis in CAT.

I have seen i'm getting lots of wrong answers in CR and i need to kill the CR demon.

I need suggestions or any thread that would help clarify my doubt.

Cheers!!!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat May 27, 2017 2:21 pm
Hi Kaustubhk,

Your question assumes that studying with a book is the best way to learn how to deal with CR. Many Test Takers who use a 'book heavy' study approach end up getting 'stuck' at a particular score level though, so you have to be careful about locking yourself into that way of thinking about your studies.

While you're asking specifically about CR, it's possible that you might need to work on additional areas besides that one category. Before I can offer you the specific advice that you're looking for, it would help if you could provide a bit more information on how you've been studying and your goals:

Studies:
1) How long have you studied?
2) What study materials have you used so far?
3) How have you scored on each of your CATs (including the Quant and Verbal Scaled Scores)?

Goals:
4) What is your goal score?
5) When are you planning to take the GMAT?
6) When are you planning to apply to Business School?
7) What Schools are you planning to apply to?

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]