Stern School of Business (New York University)
- people following this school
- people applying to this school
Your Status for This School
- General School Info
- Current Applicants
- Comment Wall
- Archived Chats
- Essay Advice
- Interview Reports
2012/2013 ESSAY QUESTIONS
- Professional Aspirations (750 word maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font) (a) Why pursue an MBA (or dual degree) at this point in your life?
- Your Two Paths (500 word maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font)
- Personal Expression
(b) What actions have you taken to determine that Stern is the best fit for your MBA experience?
(c) What do you see yourself doing professionally upon graduation?
The mission of the Stern School of Business is to develop people and ideas that transform the challenges of the 21st century into opportunities to create value for business and society. Given today’s ever-changing global landscape, Stern seeks and develops leaders who thrive in ambiguity, embrace a broad perspective and think creatively about the range of ways they can have impact.
(a) Describe two different and distinct paths you could see your career taking long term. How do you see your two paths unfolding?
(b) How do your paths tie to the mission of NYU Stern?
(c) What factors will most determine which path you will take?
Please describe yourself to your MBA classmates. You may use almost any method to convey your message (e.g. words, illustrations).
Feel free to be creative. If you submit a non-written piece for Essay 3 (i.e., artwork or multimedia) or if you submit Essay 3 via mail, please upload a brief description of your submission with your online application.
Please note the following guidelines and restrictions:
- Your submission becomes the property of NYU Stern and cannot be returned for any reason.
- If you submit a written essay, it should be 500 words maximum, double-spaced, 12-point font. If you submit a video or audio file, it should be five minutes maximum.
- If you prepare a multimedia submission, you may mail a CD, DVD or USB flash drive to the Admissions Office. These are the only acceptable methods of submission. Please do not submit an internet link to any websites or to a video hosting service such as YouTube.
- The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request an alternate Essay 3 if we are unable to view your submission.
- Do not submit anything perishable (e.g. food) or any item that has been worn (e.g. clothing).
Please provide any additional information that you would like to bring to the attention of the Admissions Committee. This may include current or past gaps in employment, further explanation of your undergraduate record or self-reported academic transcript(s), plans to retake the GMAT, GRE and/or TOEFL or any other relevant information.
If you are unable to submit a recommendation from your current supervisor, you must explain your reason in Essay 4.
If you are a re-applicant from last year, please explain how your candidacy has improved since your last application.
Essay Tips - Articles
Essay Tips - Videos
NYU Stern MBA Essay Analysis - 2012-2013 Season - Write Like an Expert 2012by Status Prep on August 28, 2012