Kellogg School of Management (Northwestern)
2001 Sheridan Rd
Evanston, IL 60208
► See other schools
- people following this school
- people applying to this school
Your Status for This School
- General School Info
- Current Applicants
- Admissions Blog
- Comment Wall
- Archived Chats
- Essay Advice
- Interview Reports
Members Accepted by Kellogg
Most Active Kellogg Commenters
2015/2016 ESSAY QUESTIONS
- Essay 1: Leadership and teamwork are integral parts of the Kellogg experience. Describe a recent and meaningful time you were a leader. What challenges did you face, and what did you learn? (450 words)
- Essay 2: Pursuing an MBA is a catalyst for personal and professional growth. How have you grown in the past? How do you intend to grow at Kellogg? (450 words)
- Dual-degree Applicants Essay: For applicants to the MMM or JD-MBA dual degree programs, please explain why that program is right for you. (250 words)
- Re-applicants Essay: Since your previous application, what steps have you taken to strengthen your candidacy? (250 word limit)
- Additional Information (Optional): If needed, use this section to briefly describe any extenuating circumstances (e.g. unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance, etc.) (no word count)
- Video Essays: After submitting a completed application, each applicant will be asked to complete two Video Essay Questions. One will be about the candidate’s interest in Kellogg and the other will be a “getting to know you” type of question.
There are 10 practice questions which candidates can complete as many times as they like to get comfortable with the format and technology. The practice questions and experience will simulate the actual video essay experience, so this is meant to be a useful tool and help applicants feel prepared.
There is not an opportunity to re-do the answer to the official video essay questions. We encourage applicants to practice so they are comfortable with the format once it is time to complete the official questions.
Candidates will have 20 seconds to think about their question and up to 1 minute to give their response.
We estimate the Video Essays will take 15-20 minutes to complete – which includes time for set-up and answering all the practice questions.