Booth School of Business (University of Chicago)
5807 South Woodlawn Avenue
Chicago, IL 60637
► See other schools
- people following this school
- people applying to this school
Your Status for This School
- General School Info
- Current Applicants
- Admissions Blog
- Comment Wall
- Archived Chats
- Essay Advice
- Interview Reports
Members Accepted by Booth
Most Active Booth Commenters
2013/2014 ESSAY QUESTIONS
- Short Answer Essays::
- a. My favorite part of my work is… (250 words maximum)
- b. I started to think differently when… (250 words maximum)
- Presentation/Essay:: The Chicago experience will take you deeper into issues, force you to challenge assumptions, and broaden your perspective. In a four-slide presentation or an essay of no more than 600 words, broaden our perspective about who you are. Understanding what we currently know about you from the rest of the application, what else would you like us to know?
We have set forth the following guidelines:
- The content is completely up to you. There is no right, or even preferred, approach to this essay. Feel free to use the software with which you are most comfortable. Acceptable formats for upload in the online application system are PowerPoint, Word, or PDF. However, we suggest converting your file to a PDF to preserve your intended formatting.
- There is a strict maximum of four pages (presentation) or 600 words (essay), though you can provide fewer if you choose. All content must fit within four pages (presentation) or 600 words (essay).
- The file size is limited to 16 MB.
- The document will be viewed electronically, but we cannot support embedded videos, music, hyperlinks, or motion images.
- The file will be evaluated on the quality of content and ability to convey your ideas, not on technical expertise.
- Re-applicant Essay: Upon reflection, how has your thinking regarding your future, Chicago Booth, and/or getting an MBA changed since the time of your last application? (300 words maximum)
Essay Tips - Articles
Essay Tips - Videos
Booth School of Business Essay Analysis 2013/2014 Season - Write Like an Expertby Heidi Granner, Clear Admit, on August 15, 2013