The 2013 Beat The GMAT Scholarship
Beat The GMAT is now accepting applications for the eighth annual Beat The GMAT Scholarship Competition, one of the largest GMAT scholarship programs in the world. Our community has distributed over $204,000 in awards to date! This year we have eight scholarship packages for eight people, valued at over $16,000! We accept applications up until Monday, May 13, 2013 and winners will be announced on May 20, 2013.
This Scholarship Changes Lives
Hear what past winners have said about winning a Beat The GMAT Scholarship:
|Winning the 2011 GMAT Scholarship was both a humbling and empowering experience. I come from a non-traditional business background and it gave me the confidence to compete for a top MBA program. I am currently taking my prep course and I cannot see myself taking the GMAT without the preparation that my course has given me. This scholarship has taken me a step closer to achieving my dreams. Stephanie Puentes, 2011 Beat The GMAT Scholarship Winner||It’s been a whirlwind year! Winning the 2010 Beat The GMAT Scholarship set me on the path to achieving my MBA dream. Coming from a non-traditional pre-MBA background, it gave me the confidence to know that I can be a competitive applicant. Without BTG’s assistance and belief in me, I don’t think I’d be where I am today. Uyen Hoang, 2010 Beat The GMAT Scholarship Winner, Johnson at Cornell University ’13, Forté Fellow, Consortium Member|
This year we have eight scholarship packages for eight winners, valued at over $16,000!
Each winner will receive:
One GMAT Course + One Admissions Consulting Package + $250 GMAT Voucher
Please see below for the full list of prizes:
- One GMAT Prep Now Course (Online)
- One GMAT Tutor from The Economist Complete Prep Course (Online)
- One Kaplan GMAT Advantage Anywhere Course (Online)
- One Knewton GMAT Course (Online)
- One Manhattan GMAT Course (Online)
- One Princeton Review GMAT Course (Online)
- Two Veritas Prep GMAT Courses (Classroom or Online)
Admissions Consulting Packages
- One AcceptU 2-hours of Admissions Counseling or Essay Editing (with a former top 25 program Admissions Officer)
- One Admissionado 2-hours of 1-on-1 support with CEO and Founder, Jon Frank
- One Admit Advantage Pre-MBA Application Package
- One Clear Admit Comprehensive Admissions Strategy Roadmap
- One MBA Admit 3-hours of 1-on-1 Support with CEO, Dr. Shel (1 hour strategy session and 2 hours of editing of required essays for one school)
- One mbaMission 2-hours of Consulting with Senior Consultant
- One Stratus Prep 3-hours of Consulting or $750 Voucher towards any School Package
- One Veritas Prep 3-hours Consulting Package
- To be eligible for this competition, applicants must have finished college or be in their final year of college. Applicants must be registered Beat The GMAT members (register here). This competition is open to international applicants.
- Applicants must be planning to apply to business school in 2014 or 2015.
- Be sure to carefully read the instructions prior to submitting your application. Any candidate who does not follow the requirements (example: going over word limits for essays) will be disqualified from this competition. Each field in the application form has specific requirements. Please make sure you follow these requirements.
- GMAT course prizes and Admissions Consulting packages will be awarded based on applicant preference and availability. How we distribute prizes: there is only one GMAT course and one Admissions Consulting package available from each company listed above (unless otherwise stated). In your application, you will be asked to rank order the courses you wish to attend and the consulting packages you are interested in. The first-place winner will win his/her top preference GMAT course from the total pool of eight packages available; next, the second-place winner will win his/her top preference based on the remaining pool of seven course packages; next, the third-place winner will win his/her top preference based on the remaining pool of six packages; and so forth. The same process applies for the consulting packages: the first-place winner will receive his/her top choice; next, the second-place winner will receive his/her top choice of the remaining seven consulting packages; and so on.
- A panel of judges represented by the Beat The GMAT Staff as well as past Beat The GMAT Scholarship winners will decide this year’s winners. Our panel will not provide personal feedback on your application after the competition.
- All of the GMAT courses listed above are available via online unless otherwise noted.
- Scholarship winners must redeem courses prior to June 1, 2014, or else lose their prize.
Please direct your queries to the 2013 Beat The GMAT Scholarship Discussion Forum.