by MBAGirlJourney on April 22nd, 2013
I wanted to start compiling a list of things I am reading, re-reading, and plan to read to help me on my MBA journey. Any and all other suggestions welcome! Like that old P.S.A. says…knowledge is power.
- You Don’t Need A Title to Be A Leader, Mark Sanborn – Just finished this in audiobook format
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership, John Maxwell – Listening to this currently in audiobook format
- From Good to Great, Jim Collins – Would like to re-read. I read half of it two years ago and never finished.
- Lean In, Sheryl Sandberg – Just finished this in audiobook format. Really great and I highly recommend for anyone.
- Team of Rivals, Doris Kearns Goodwin – Currently reading this. It has been on my shelf for forever!
- How to Get Into the Top MBA Programs, Richard Montauk – Have read sections of this and intent to re-read soon.
- 65 Successful Harvard Business School Application Essays, Various – Just got this from Amazon and it is next up on my list to read.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People, Dale Carnegie – Would like to re-read this book. It is very common sense advice on networking, despite the title.
- Contagious: Why Things Catch On, Jonah Berger – Jonah Berger is a professor at Wharton and this is a hot marketing book I would like to read soon.
- Happy Money: The Science of Smarter Spending – Michael Norton is a professor at Harvard and this book seems really interesting.
- How Would You Move Mount Fuji? Microsoft’s Cult of the Puzzle, How the World’s Smartest Companies Select the Most Creative Thinkers – I just heard of this book and it sounds like it is right up my alley.
- Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand – Have read about 1/4 of it and I am going to pick it back up soon.
- Never Eat Alone, Keith Ferrazzi – A book about networking that I have heard good things about.
- The McKinsey Way, Ethan Rasiel – A book about consulting, which I would be interested to learn more about.