How To Be Classy At Your Holiday Office Party
Holiday work parties are going on right now and they can sometimes be so stressful depending on your work environment and co-workers! Did you know that 14% of people know someone who was fired for bad behavior at a holiday office party?
This 20/20 segment I caught on TV last week shows us what NOT to do at our holiday office parties. I thought it was too unbelievably crazy not to share with you!
Here are Classy Career Girl’s Do’s and Don’ts for work parties:
- Use the party as an opportunity to meet people and get to know them better.
- Look at what your boss is doing and how he/she is behaving. Keep your drinking/dancing within those bounds.
- Have a good time.
- Act classy and dress classy.
- Leave early. You don’t have to stay until the end. Nothing good happens after midnight…Just don’t be the first to leave.
- Don’t drink too much. 2 drink max.
- Don’t wear an extremely short skirt or show cleavage. Even though it isn’t the office, I would still go with a professional dress rather than the dress you wore for college.
- Don’t talk about work.
- Don’t gossip.
- Don’t flirt.
Remember that even though this is a social event, your behavior is being observed at every minute. Decisions may be being made by your boss while watching you interact with other people at the party. I wish I could say to let loose but these parties can be an extension of your work and you can’t forget that.
What are your office holiday party do’s and don’ts?