Happy Monday! Hope you had a great weekend! I went to a wedding over the weekend. Can you believe I wore these shoes?
Seriously, they were cute but I am a little ashamed to admit that I didn’t follow Patricia’s advice during my interview with her that I posted last Friday. Her advice for young professionals starting out in the professional world is, “I think the one thing that I really really wish I would have known is to wear comfortable shoes.” And you know what, she was right. I was saying the EXACT same thing after a few hours of standing, walking and dancing. OK, yeah I really didn’t do much dancing in these…Next time, I really must listen and take the advice I receive during my interviews:) (P.S. Never wear these shoes to work).
By the way, if you are on instagram, come find me @classycareergirl. I love sharing my photos through instagram..one of my favorite things!
Here are your weekly career links to start your week off right!
- Take Time To Be Thoughtful at Work by Dawn Stanyon at the Emily Post Institute
- 12 Ways To Spot A Liar At Work by Forbes
- How to Accessorize with Belts by the New Professional Freelancer
- The Art of Working Through Distraction by BlogHer
- Putting the Fun Back in Money by the Smartypig blog
A good manager is a man who isn’t worried about his own career but rather the careers of those who work for him. ~ H S M Burns