Every other Thursday, our instructor Ron Purewal (known on the Beat The GMAT forums as lunarpower) hosts a free study hall session, called Thursdays with Ron, where anyone can submit questions ahead of time and attend. Ron chooses a few themes from the questions he gets and goes over strategies for them.
Here’s an outline of what Ron covers, with the minute markers. Make sure to watch the video, though, so that you’re able to follow along!
- 00:00 Ron reveals a sample essay prompt
- 01:10 What if you have trouble understanding a prompt?
- 05:36 How do I choose a topic?
- 06:01 Be specific, tell a story.
- 07:05 You don’t need to be general.
- 09:07 You don’t need to be formal or scholarly.
If you want to view recordings of past Thursdays with Ron or submit questions for the next live session which will be with our instructor Tommy Wallach and which takes place on December 16, you can do so here.