MBA Program Deliemma

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

MBA Program Deliemma

by hardikrs » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:14 pm
Group please share your inputs -----

1.) Since I am a working professional, I am leaning towards a part time MBA, any potential down side of a part time compared to a full time, especially when I am planning to switch career.

2.) I am an Industrial engineer planning to switch career and get in Investment banking, is MBA the right direction? I have 3+ years of experience.

I would really appreciate if anybody can share their experience/thoughts on this matter.

Thank you.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:34 pm
If it is financially feasible, a full time MBA is a good option when you plan to switch careers because 1) it allows you to fully immerse yourself in the learning environment, 2) you are better able to create strong networks with classmates who will potentially be involved in businesses all over the globe, and 3) you can take advantage of a variety of recruiting and internship opportunities.

An MBA will definitely be helpful if you are seeking a career change from industrial engineering to i-banking especially if you lack the skills and experience that are needed to succeed in i-banking. Furthermore, it is typically easier to connect with an investment bank as an MBA student than it is as an industrial engineer with no investment banking experience.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options