MBA from Europe based on Career Goal

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

MBA from Europe based on Career Goal

by x.dominicraj » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:00 am
Hi,

I would like some valuable inputs and guidance based on my profile and my career aspiration:

About Myself:
I come from the large pool of Indian Males having an Engineering Background
Work Experience : 20 months till date as a Senior Design Engineer in Shipbuilding Industry(In one of the Largest Indian Engineering Conglomerate & MNC)
Under Graduate: 7.56 out of 10; Mechanical Engineering from a top college in South India(Non IIT/NIT)
12th : 84% (CBSE)
10th : 90.4% (CBSE)

About Career Goals: To be the face of a leading Aerospace Company someday

Extra-Curricular Activities:
->PTC Certified Engineer
->Final year project on Wing Optimization of a Micro-Air Vehicle
->Part of the Marketing team in BAJA(ATV design and fabrication competition) in my third year of college
->Have done training at Robert Bosch, Air India, Neyveli Lignite Corporation to name a few
->Underwent training on Flight Systems & Propulsion under licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
->Part of the Marketing team to conduct Auto-Expo in College Technical Festival
->Won several certificates in Maths Olympiad at school level
->Played state level chess during school days

CSR Activities:
->Participated in a walkathon for educating the differently abled.
->Member and Volunteer of Saianugraha.
->Participated in events for Olive Ridley Turtle Conservation organized by SSTCN an NGO

The above is my profile in short.

I have keen interest in pursuing my career as a Management Trainee in Marketing/Business Development Group in any of the Aerospace Companies leading to my career goal someday. I have good communication skills and am good at impromptu speaking. Am aware of the basics of B2B marketing since vendor evaluation and cost estimation is part of my job profile. Have co-ordinated with teams from Germany,Singapore,Denmark and Dubai(Basic Designer) for execution of the current project and currently working on 10 projects(valued at 250Mn USD).Since Shipbuilding and Aircraft Industries are very similar in nature and methodology of operation hope to leverage my current experience to meet my goal.I am unsure of how to get started about the same since I am targeting a niche Manufacturing business and a specific profile. Also I am confused between the Clear Cut differences between MSc in Marketing Management and an MBA in Marketing.

Kindly advice for the prospective B-schools based on my profile and career goal. Am targeting Class of 2015(3 years work experience by then). Also kindly advice if taking GMAT by the end of this year targeting a score of 710 should give my profile the required impetus.

Thanks in Advance!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by shailluis » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:16 am
The Executive MBA program an MBA in Global Management from Thunderbird...the same acclaimed and accredited MBA that is offered from campus in Arizona. Course content parallels the topics covered in the Executive MBA in Arizona, but in a modular format from Geneva, where professors and participants converge for the majority of engagements