Magoosh vs. EMPOWERgmat?

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Magoosh vs. EMPOWERgmat?

by Logician » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:57 pm
So I've been using the MGMAT books for my preparation. After taking a practice exam and not doing well (570, Q36 and V33) I rescheduled it and have about another month to prepare for it. I was looking for a good online supplement for my preparation and was leaning towards Magoosh because a lot of people had mentioned that it to be a good supplement to the MGMAT books. But on further research EMPOWERgmat's name came up and it looks like a lot of people have scored 700+ using their course. And now I'm confused. Also which one has a better Q-bank as I've used up all the OG problems and am looking for a new source for questions. If someone who has taken either of these courses and could talk about its strengths and weakness, it would help me tremendously in deciding what course to go with. Thank you.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by confused13 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:36 pm
I have access to both and I have to say: given that you already used the MGMAT books you won't find anything new on magoosh. I know it's cheaper, but in my opinion magoosh has no added value over the books.
Even though I haven't scored very high on the real gmat so far, I highly recommend empowergmat. ESPECIALLY after reading the mgmat books. empowergmat shows you techniques, and not only content.

Magoosh definitely has the larger Q-bank, but I feel like because it isn't OG material, you shouldn't care at all. empowergmat on the other hand, uses OG-Q's only, but solve them differently than the book does. IF you have any further questions let me know.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:27 pm
Hi Logician,

The EMPOWERgmat Course does have its own unique GMAT material, but we also include quizzes and video explanations built around the OG13. With your current score level and score goal, you need more than just "more practice problems" - you need to learn new ways to "see" (and react to) the GMAT. We offer a FREE Trial, so you can try out the Course without any commitment.

If you have any additional questions, then feel free to contact me directly.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by manyaabroadtpr » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:39 am
Hi,

You can also refer to the below link to explore another online course for GMAT preparation:

https://www.manyagroup.com/gmat-online

Hope this helps.