Low GPA with NA & EAME Work Experience - Real chance at

Launched June 1, 2012
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hello ,

So here's my story. I graduated from an engineering university in Canada with a 2.2/4 GPA ( I have to admit , it's not a pleasant conversation every time I bring it up ) . Now this was back in 2005 when I graduated.

Since then , I moved into a sales role at a Fortune 500 Industrial manufacturer and later at a Fortune 50 Industrial manufacturer where I have risen through the marketing ranks fairly quickly in a span of 4 years. First within Canada and then an opportunity to expose myself to African and Middle-Eastern markets where I was relocated to Dubai on an international assignment. I am currently in that role and work closely with partners in Europe and throughout AME .

Besides the achievements at work , I have been an active part of Toastmasters , Startup-Grind in Dubai , and had other volunteer opportunities at United Way and used to mentor new immigrants to Canada through an organization.

If I were to score a 700+ on my GMAT , what are my chances at a Top 5 University such as Harvard , Stanford etc ? I am hoping for an honest opinion...Do I stand a chance?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:42 am
You have an outside chance, but honestly will need to do very well on the GMAT to prove that you can handle the academic rigor - 750+
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review