Looking for Moderators!

This topic has expert replies

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Looking for Moderators!

by beatthegmat » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:27 pm
Hello Beat The GMAT! Community:

This website is growing by leaps and bounds and I’m starting to find it difficult to manage all these forum areas by myself. To ensure that the quality on this board does not wane as Beat The GMAT! continues to scale, I will need the help of a few good folks to serve as moderators.

I’m looking for moderators for the GMAT Math and GMAT Verbal & Essays areas. As a moderator, you would be responsible for the following:
  • Serving as a leader for your forum area. While it’s not a requirement that you have GMAT subject-matter expertise (though that would be nice), you would be responsible for making sure people are actively participating in discussion and that no relevant questions are being left unanswered. As a moderator, I would expect that you would actively participate in the discussions yourself and contribute lots of meaningful posts.
  • Maintaining the integrity of your forum area. This role involves deleting spam posts and reporting spammers to me; moving posts in the wrong forum area to the right forum area; making sure that user discussions are respectful and promote learning/sharing/helping.
  • Participating in the distribution of scholarships (optional). You would be responsible for reading through scholarship essays and applications, and would help me decide the winners of the monthly and yearly scholarship awards.
Please send me a private message or reply to this thread if you are interested in becoming a moderator for Beat The GMAT!

I don’t require any specific time commitment—you can serve as a moderator for as long or as little as you desire (though I hope you would be actively contributing to the forum while in this role). This is a fantastic opportunity to participate in a unique community service project—you could potentially be helping thousands of people! Plus, MBA admissions folks will love to see this kind of activity on your resume... :D

Thanks for helping me build a great GMAT community!
Last edited by beatthegmat on Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

paying to be moderators

by smilingsupriya » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:07 am
are you going to pay your moderators?

just curious///
if you find this ackward you can pm me...

thankyou.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin

by beatthegmat » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:11 pm
Moderators will not be paid--Beat The GMAT! is a community service project, and moderators would serve as volunteers for this website.

This website is struggling to earn enough money at the moment--however, I want to ensure that we can save enough to distribute scholarships each month, as well as a big scholarship once a year.

Community Manager
Followed by:1 members

by wildrebel » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:13 am
beatthegmat wrote:Moderators will not be paid--Beat The GMAT! is a community service project, and moderators would serve as volunteers for this website.

This website is struggling to earn enough money at the moment--however, I want to ensure that we can save enough to distribute scholarships each month, as well as a big scholarship once a year.

I'm moderately capable. I'll apply.

However, would this mean I'm unable to participate in the essays?
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
- Groucho Marx

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin

by beatthegmat » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:31 pm
Thanks for your interest, wildrebel--I'll send you some more information about this role shortly.

As a moderator, you will still be able to participate in the scholarships--however, you won't be part of the judging panel! :D

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by priti1 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:07 pm
Hi Eric,

I just joined this forum ... i will be happy to be the moderator .
thanks

Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members

by ajith » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:36 am
Hey Eric ...

Dunno if I have the time and Capability ...

But I am always ready to help whenever possible

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Interested to be a moderator

by aniruddho » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:01 am
Hi Eric,

I would like to volunteer to be a moderator for this forum.
Kindly let me know about the processes involved.

Sincerely,
Ani

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:35 am
I am curious to know if anybody among the members are ready to take up some new role & little responsibilty :)

Legendary Member

by reachac » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:47 pm
aim-wsc wrote:I am curious to know if anybody among the members are ready to take up some new role & little responsibilty :)
Hi,

I am interested to contribute whatever lil I can. Please send me the details, if I fit in your set of requirements.

Regards

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin

by beatthegmat » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:33 pm
Thanks reachac, I'll be contacting you shortly. :)

Legendary Member

by raunekk » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:42 am
Hello Beat The GMAT! Community:

This website is growing by leaps and bounds and I’m starting to find it difficult to manage all these forum areas by myself. To ensure that the quality on this board does not wane as Beat The GMAT! continues to scale, I will need the help of a few good folks to serve as moderators.

I’m looking for moderators for the GMAT Math and GMAT Verbal & Essays areas. As a moderator, you would be responsible for the following:

Serving as a leader for your forum area. While it’s not a requirement that you have GMAT subject-matter expertise (though that would be nice), you would be responsible for making sure people are actively participating in discussion and that no relevant questions are being left unanswered. As a moderator, I would expect that you would actively participate in the discussions yourself and contribute lots of meaningful posts.

Maintaining the integrity of your forum area. This role involves deleting spam posts and reporting spammers to me; moving posts in the wrong forum area to the right forum area; making sure that user discussions are respectful and promote learning/sharing/helping.

Participating in the distribution of scholarships (optional). You would be responsible for reading through scholarship essays and applications, and would help me decide the winners of the monthly and yearly scholarship awards.

Please send me a private message or reply to this thread if you are interested in becoming a moderator for Beat The GMAT!

I don’t require any specific time commitment—you can serve as a moderator for as long or as little as you desire (though I hope you would be actively contributing to the forum while in this role). This is a fantastic opportunity to participate in a unique community service project—you could potentially be helping thousands of people! Plus, MBA admissions folks will love to see this kind of activity on your resume...

hi eric,

i would be glad to help the community..
let me know if i am eligible to do so....

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:50 pm
Thanks for showing interest, buddy!
One of the site admins will contact you soon!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

volunteer

by amitdgr » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:36 am
I haven't yet taken up the GMAT ... but would love to give something back to BTG ... Pls let me know if i can help ...
Please visit my blog Gmat Tips and Strategies

Legendary Member

by gabriel » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:06 am
Thanks for the interest shown guys. We have just added two new moderators to the team and will contact you guys as and when we decide to add more. Once again thank you for the interest.

Cheers.

PS: - The thread is being locked for the moment and will be opened by one of the admins/moderators as and when we need to make new announcements.

• Page 1 of 1