Looking for MBA in Canada with GMAT score of 620

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Here is my profile :

1. Work experience of 5 years 6 months in an IT MNC till date. My current role is Team Lead in Quality Engineering & Assurance horizontal. I've worked for Banking and Finance clients for most part of my career. I am from India.

2. GMAT - 620

3. TOEFL - 99

4. GPA - 8.44/10

5. Part Time MBA Program in Advanced Strategy & Finance from Institute of Management Technology(India)

6. US CFA - Level 1

7. Post MBA , I want to make a transition from a technical role to a consulting role.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:12 members
GMAT Score:770

by GeneralEducation » Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:31 am
Hi,

You have decent academics but GMAT seems to be on lower side but don't worry your strong academics might help to certain extent,but still to make your profile more competitive suggest you to retake GMAT and score minimum 650+. Then the next step is to shortlist the schools based on your career goals and start working on your applications without much delay. You can consider applying to schools like Queens, Rotman, Ivey, UBC Sauder, Schulich. Ideally you should look at applying to minimum 5-6 schools to increase your chances.

Regards,
Manish
Director (ISB Alumnus)
General Education - India's premier GMAT & Application Consulting company

Get Advice: +91- 90350 50056 | Email Us: [email protected]

by mehta.nishant85 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:10 pm
Thanks Manish for your suggestion. I completely agree with you that GMAT score of 650+ would make my profile competitive, but I want to take one chance with the same score of 620. Also,apart from Queens, Rotman, Ivey, UBC Sauder, Schulich, what is your say on Concordia University John Molson School of Business and Ryerson University Ted Rogers School of Management.

Few more queries :

1.I am planning to come back to India after completion of programme. Would "Career Services" at these colleges help me to find a job in India.

2. What is the value of degree in India from one of these business schools.

by GeneralEducation » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:19 am
Hi Nishant,

Concordia and Ryerson University both come under top 10 schools in Canada so you should apply to both. I feel Ryerson University will be safe school for you. If you look at most of the employment reports for Canadian schools majority of placements happen in Canada or US/UK. It is not much difficult to find a job in India if you are doing MBA from reputed well known B-schools, I can also connect you with one of our application consultant, who is alumnus of Schulich and currently working in India. Please PM your contact details.Hope this helps.

Regards,
Manish
mehta.nishant85 wrote:Thanks Manish for your suggestion. I completely agree with you that GMAT score of 650+ would make my profile competitive, but I want to take one chance with the same score of 620. Also,apart from Queens, Rotman, Ivey, UBC Sauder, Schulich, what is your say on Concordia University John Molson School of Business and Ryerson University Ted Rogers School of Management.

Few more queries :

1.I am planning to come back to India after completion of programme. Would "Career Services" at these colleges help me to find a job in India.

2. What is the value of degree in India from one of these business schools.
Director (ISB Alumnus)

by mehta.nishant85 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:01 am
Hi Manish ,

My contact details are :

Email - [email protected]
Mob: 9830179906

by GeneralEducation » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:39 am
Hi Nishant,

Thank you for sharing the details, I will speak to you soon.

Regards
Manish
mehta.nishant85 wrote:Hi Manish ,

My contact details are :

Email - [email protected]
Mob: 9830179906
Director (ISB Alumnus)