Life after MBA in medium grade universities

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:550
Hi,

I am new to beat-the-gmat. I have searched the discussion over here but didnt find exactly my question. Can you please solve my some doubts regarding MBA in US.

My Profile includes 550 GMAT score, 3.64 GPA, 3 years of IT industry work experience. still I have not given TOEFL.

I have searched for the MBA universities according to my profile through consultants here. Some consultants are saying univerisities are medium grade universities in 550 GMAT range and some are saying there are very few good universities which accept this score.

I am also interested in reapplying the GMAT test but 1st round admission deadlines are nearby for fall 2009 and I heard that shcolarship & admission chances are better in 1st round only.

Now if I apply in 1st round and get into some universities then I would like to know the campus of this universities and life after MBA.

I have heard that internation student will get 1 year work permit or if I get selected in any campus then employer will file work permit for me. Is this correct? How good campus are in my range universities.

my mail id : [email protected]
yahoo messenger: [email protected]
msn messenger: [email protected]

Regards,
Dhimant B.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:20 am
Admissions are usually less competitive in round 1 however you still need to be a strong applicant. Business school admissions are very competitive this year and it will be very difficult to make it into a top tier program with a 550 GMAT (even in round 1).

Your GPA is strong however your work experience is in a field that is well represented in the current applicant pool. You will need to differentiate yourself and also score higher on the GMAT to be a competitive applicant.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

by b.dhimant » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:11 am
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I would like to retake GMAT but I want some time to improve my weak areas.

Thats why I have posted this query to ask about the future of mid-tier university. I heard that though u study in mid-tier university but if u perform well in those university, the future is very bright. the main thing is your performance during your MBA. Is this the case?

The main thing I want to ask is the MBA of mid-tier university or the MBA of the university in which I can get admission?

Can you also throw some light on the campus of the mid-tier university?

Regards,
Dhimant B.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:28 pm
My suggestion to you would be to research universities that are ranked in the top 40 - 50 range to get an idea of the class profiles, average salaries upon graduation, and the names of companies that recruit there. This will give you an idea as to whether the degree will be worth your investment of time and money.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

by b.dhimant » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:36 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. I would not like to take a chance. Still time is there so, I will retake gmat in couple of months and planning to apply in second round.

Thankyou very much.

Dhimant B.