Lets Become Financially literate

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Lets Become Financially literate

by kapilswamy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:12 pm
Hey guys This is Kapil, 3rd Year B.Com, University of Madras ....Shout out to all you guys out there......I come to you with a mission, to make you and me financially literate. When i say financially literate i do not mean you will become an expert of the ins and outs of the financial industry, but about our own personal wealth, how to manage it, how to utilize our money to realize its maximum potential.

Now you may ask me that why is it so important for me right now, as it is i have a lot to study for the internals, sems and what not and there is a lot of time for me to learn about it. I mean i can learn that stuff when i start to earn some dough. That is where we make our mistake my friend. The world out there is cruel It is filled with people who look for particular moments, moments where we slip .These people are not there to catch us from falling down but to exploit that moment of our weakness.

I know that it might have sounded a tad dramatic but that's how it is. We read the papers and the internet about the n number of scams that is happening out there. The least that we can do is to be equipped and prepared to save our hard earned money.

On the bright side once when you become aware of the financial world, the world is your oyster. You can use your knowledge to maximize your wealth. The knowledge that you acquire will open avenues that will make money utilization and maximization seem like a walk in the park.

Now when i said "I come to you with a mission of making you financially literate", I did not mean myself. I just found out a brilliant solution to that problem. And i am just spreading the word. The elegant solution that i found out was The Youth Money Olympiad.

Its an Olympiad designed to test the college students of this great nation in their knowledge of the financial world. But the great thing about Youth Money Olympiad is not just the test but also the benefits that it provides after the test is written.
1. They provide an assessment of your financial IQ
2. Certificates for winners, Employability certificate to those who score above 75 percentile and
3. To those who win in the college level will get a chance to compete on a national level.

This gives us a chance to battle it out with the best minds in the nation. The winners of the National level competition will be felicitated in an event that will be conducted by Principal PNB AMC.

But the most important if you ask me is the access to their career portal, Career Kiasu. The access to this portal is given to all candidates who appear in the Olympiad. This portal is designed to help out the candidate like getting great insight of the industries from the respective industry experts, Resume creation and a lot more.

You can Google the Youth Money Olympiad but for convenience sake i am providing you with the link to check out the details for yourselves. The link is www.youthmoneyolympiad.org.

One of the greatest dreams of our Dearly Departed former President APJ Abdul Kalam was to see our youth become the leaders of a nation that is to be revered as a super power. Financial Literacy of our youth might not be the one true answer to achieve that but it definitely will be a great start!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:03 pm
Great idea! The millineal generation's lack of financial literacy is really alarming. People don't seem to realize the most important business decisions they will ever make are the ones that concern their own finances not for the their employer. They should spend even more time on their own issues.