LBS MIM

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:600

LBS MIM

by Rey1994 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:14 am
Hello everyone, i am new to this forum. And I really need some advice on my application to LBS MIM!!

To put it simply my problem is: Im a former student from a french university in Paris (Name: Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne). As you may know, the grading
system is quite different than the american system, and im not sure how to convert my grades into a GPA. I got
13,3 (ranked in the top 95th percentile) in general in my bachelor degree, i saw that it might give me a GPA of
3 (but not sure!). Altough my grades are considered as really good in France (and as my ranking shows), i saw that a GPA of 3 isn't that great,and LBS is asking for a 3,5 minimum (which is around 14).

So my question is, does the business school take into account the difference in grading system (and my ranking)? And do i have a chance? knowing that my GMAT score is 600.

I would like to thank everyone in advance for your help![size=0][/size]
Thank you in advance for your help!
Rey

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members

by Personal MBA Coach » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:54 pm
Rey1994 wrote:Hello everyone, i am new to this forum. And I really need some advice on my application to LBS MIM!!

To put it simply my problem is: Im a former student from a french university in Paris (Name: Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne). As you may know, the grading
system is quite different than the american system, and im not sure how to convert my grades into a GPA. I got
13,3 (ranked in the top 95th percentile) in general in my bachelor degree, i saw that it might give me a GPA of
3 (but not sure!). Altough my grades are considered as really good in France (and as my ranking shows), i saw that a GPA of 3 isn't that great,and LBS is asking for a 3,5 minimum (which is around 14).

So my question is, does the business school take into account the difference in grading system (and my ranking)? And do i have a chance? knowing that my GMAT score is 600.

I would like to thank everyone in advance for your help![size=0][/size]
Don't worry about converting your grades. Schools take this all into account, so if you are in the top 5% of your class, you are certainly qualified from a GPA standpoint to apply.

If you would like help with your application to be sure it is strong enough to complement your grades, send me an email: [email protected]. I work with a lot of applicants for LBS MiM and would be happy to chat further.

Best,
Scott

GMAT Score:600

by Rey1994 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:18 pm
Thank you for your reply! I would like to have everyones opinion on my profile and chances to get admitted to the different business schools in Europe for the MIM/MSC... Im getting more and more depressed about the admissions :( it even shows in my GMAT practice tests! (can't get more than 36 in Quant...)

-As mentioned before i'm a recent business graduate from University Paris 1 Pantheon-Sorbonne with a 13,3/20 ,and ranked in the top 95th percentile every year (number of students each year: 700,550,200).

-GMAT: 600 (Quant: 48 , Verbal: 25 , Essay: 4,5)

- TOEFL:107

- Worked for 2 months in the family business

-Speaks 3 languages fluently: French, Arabic , English

- Has a double culture (i don't know if thats a strenght though!)

-Was ranked in the top 40 on 550 in a business competition for a course.

-Member of some associations (nothing special though)

My top schools: LBS, ESADE, IE ,Rotterdamm, Bocconi, Imperial (mainly those)...

I would like to thank in advance anyone who takes the time to help! Thank you
Thank you in advance for your help!
Rey

by ashwanth1109 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:39 am
Hey Rey1994,

As mentioned before, LBS will account for the grading changes. Since you're in the top 95th percentile, your grade point average shouldn't be a big issue. For the MIM program, LBS places a lot of weightage to the application process as a whole. They require candidates to submit a comprehensive application covering a lot of aspects of your academic, professional and extra-curricular activities. So be sure to make your application strong as a whole.

Your GMAT score is a bit touch and go there, but your TOEFL score seems fine. In terms of eligibility, LBS requires a 600-800 GMAT score, so as long as the rest of your application is strong, you should stand a chance.
Your family business experience is a bonus and you have a separate question that asks you to detail the family business work. Your ability to speak 3 languages and a double culture are all strengths that show your capability to adapt to new cultures which are valued skills to have.

We, at MiM-Essay.com , offer you a free comprehensive evaluation of your profile along with our assessment of your strengths & weaknesses and also some advice on how to approach the essays including Essay preparation, CV preparation, LOR etc. You can check out our website for your free evaluation and more information specific to the LBS MiM:
https://www.mim-essay.com/

Let me know if you have any queries.
Good luck mate!