Kindly evaluate my profile - GMAT score 670

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

It would be very helpful if someone could please help me in making the list of Business Schools to Apply for Fall, 2014 Full-Time MBA Program.

Profile:
Gender - Female
Age - 26
Nationality - Indian

Educational Qualification:
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology.
Year of Graduation: 2013
GPA - 3.7

Work Experience:
Duration - Sep 2010 till date

I got selected in Infosys Ltd. on campus. As a Graduate Engineer working for a company of high repute, I was expected to perform from day 1.
My responsibilities included the following:

1. Resolving technical difficulties that comes up for Finance critical applications.
2. Acting as lead to a team of 5 while extracting high productivity from them.
3. Directly interacting with client and business to understand their requirements.

Extra-Curricular Activities:
Involved in street plays and theater.
Involved in various charity events organised at school and college level.

GMAT Score:
Total: 670 V: 34 Q:48

Post MBA Plans/MBA expectations:
I am interested in applying to US colleges for 2 year full time course.
I can continue in Information Technology field (inclined towards IT sale or IT business expansions), so MIS can be an option, but open to other fields like International Business, Marketing.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaMissionJenK » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:35 pm
Hi there,
Thanks for your post. So you just graduated this year, if I'm understanding correctly? The work experience since 2010 was during school?

In general you'll want to gain additional years of post-undergrad work experience before you apply to business school if possible; schools appreciate classmates to bring a lot of experience to classroom discussions and projects.

In terms of school range with a 670, you would probably look outside the top 15-20 ranked US programs for best chances. You'll want to do additional research to determine what type/s of programs are best for you, and also to further solidify your career goals which may also affect your school choice.

Good luck on your upcoming decisions and let us know how else we can help!
Jennifer Kedrowski
MBA Admissions Consultant
www.mbamission.com
[email protected]

Register for a Free Consult from mbaMission: https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Visit the mbaMission Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mbaMission

Like mbaMission on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mbaMission

Read the Free mbaMission School-Specific Insider's Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders