Kaplan GMAT Practice test : 660

Ask your questions about Kaplan products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Kaplan GMAT Practice test : 660

by srujana » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:00 pm
Hi,

I just did a Kaplan GMAT test and scored a 660(Q51, V 25), exactly a week before the GMAT test date. Am i close to a 720+ on the real test.Verbal has been my weakpoint...
While I did the manhattan test before taking the kaplan, my highest has been 640.
I am not sure on how well prepared I'm to hit the target of 720. Any pointers ?...

--Srujana

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 pm
Hi Srjuna,

Our the algorithms that generate our test scores are generally quite accurate. However, don't be discouraged! No practice test, however well designed, can capture the real test--in the center, with all your work focused towards that one day, many students put on the best performance of their lives and surprise themselves with their results.

That being said, with the test coming for you in one week, the last thing you want to do is start looking for 'pointers'. The time for new techniques, strategies, and content has passed; now is the time to work on taking all the skills that you've already acquired and honing them. Take at least one more full length test, and make sure any quizzes and problems you do from now to test day are strictly timed, as you look to refine your expertise.

In any event, best of luck! Stay positive and keep up the hard work, and I'm sure you'll do well!
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage