JHU dual MA Government / MBA program

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

JHU dual MA Government / MBA program

by sarah_n78 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:46 pm
Hello,

Hello,

Recently, I came across a dual program at Johns Hopkins university. This is a dual program called "MA Government / MBA" program.
MA government can be taken at Zanvyl Kreiger School of Arts and Science of JHU and MBA can be taken at Carey Business school of JHU.

Could an expert share their views about this program ?

Here is the link that might help you:

https://advanced.jhu.edu/academic/government/mba/

Is this competitive enough ? Can one get a job if an applicant decides to pursue this program as a full-time student ?

Regards,
Sarah.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:9 members

by mbaMissionJessica » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:13 pm
Hi, and thank you for your inquiry.

While Johns Hopkins is an excellent university, I have to admit that despite all my experience in the field, I did not even know that they offered an MBA. I went to their site and it looks like the program is a brand new one, which has its advantages and disadvantages. Recruiters won't be familiar with it and there is no alumni network to help, but at the same time, the administration itself might be more focused on trying to make sure students have excellent experiences and find jobs. At a very high level my instict from JHU's reputation and looking at the website is that it is a program with a lot of potential, but making the decision to go into a program's first class would require a lot of research, thought, and discussion with the school.

Best of luck.
sarah_n78 wrote:Hello,

Hello,

Recently, I came across a dual program at Johns Hopkins university. This is a dual program called "MA Government / MBA" program.
MA government can be taken at Zanvyl Kreiger School of Arts and Science of JHU and MBA can be taken at Carey Business school of JHU.

Could an expert share their views about this program ?

Here is the link that might help you:

https://advanced.jhu.edu/academic/government/mba/

Is this competitive enough ? Can one get a job if an applicant decides to pursue this program as a full-time student ?

Regards,
Sarah.
Jessica Shklar
Senior Consultant
mbaMission (www.mbamission.com)
646-485-8844

Sign up for a free consultation with mbaMission, the only admissions consulting firm that leading GMAT prep companies, ManhattanGMAT and Kaplan, recommend.
www.mbamission.com/consult.php